SBU President, Engineered Components 12/21/2019
Barnes Group Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Barnes Industrial is seeking a dynamic business leader to lead its Engineered Components SBU. As SBU President, Engineered Components (EC), the right candidate will align, lead and motivate the leadership team and organization to achieve the business goals and objectives for long-term profitable growth. The right candidate should be an impact player, with a proven track record of accomplishments, understand the business and organizational implications of decisions and know how to drive profitable growth. He or she should have a proactive leadership style and approach, the ability to lead by example and work collaboratively across the enterprise, in alignment with our corporate values. The SBU President should understand the fundamentals of running a good business in full alignment with our operating system, and effectively drive business performance and results through Commercial, Operational and Financial Excellence, and our strategic enablers of Innovation and Talent Management. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, global manufacturing environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
* Sets the strategic direction and performance targets and meets and/or exceeds them, achieving the revenue and profitability goals based on the defined strategy and its successful execution.
* Develops and integrates plans and strategies into a comprehensive, "big picture" SBU plan that achieves maximum profits, optimum yield on invested capital, and increased revenue.
* Reviews and evaluates performance of the business/divisions through a properly established operating cadence and methodology. Coaches and counsels direct reports on execution of key objectives and initiatives/programs and when necessary, provides direction for modification to operating plans or implementation of contingency plans to proactively prepare or respond to prevailing business conditions.
* Drives profitable revenue and market share growth by increasing process capabilities and capacity, expanding product offerings with major customers, developing new customers and/or expanding its presence as a preferred global supplier of products, services and innovative solutions.
* Leads and drives change to effect constant improvement in the business, culture and capabilities of the organization in alignment with the overall strategy to achieve the desired results and outcomes.
* Drives the performance of the business and achieves results through the company's operating system (BES), fully leveraging the business processes of Commercial, Operational and Financial Excellence.
* Successfully recruits, develops, rewards and retains a qualified and talented team, who effectively works as One Team. One Company fostering a culture of collaboration, high performance and accountability.
* Must be an experienced P&L leader with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience of increasing management responsibility including sales, logistics, and manufacturing operations. A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership position with full P&L responsibility for a global multi­site manufacturing organization. Relevant industry experience is preferred.
* Demonstrated commitment to a strong safety 1st culture.
* Proactive, take-charge leader driven to achieve; believes every business is a growth business. Results-oriented. Professionally demanding with a track record of demonstrated ability to meet and exceed operating plans and performance.
* A proven change agent able to effect constant improvement in the culture and capabilities of the organization in alignment with the overall strategy.
* Understands how to "top-grade" human capital, spot talent, develops leaders and create an organization where people work collaboratively and effectively.
* Strong VOC - able to visualize the business through the eyes of the customer with a strong understanding of the industry. Comfortable interacting with customers at all levels. Possesses a well-developed network of contacts within the industry.
* Effective communication skills including demonstrated ability to work well with and relate to company personnel at the corporate and operating levels. Energetic with a strong work ethic. Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
* Comfortable challenging and being challenged, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our www.bginc.com, click on careers, search for job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Industrial, career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)