Scheduling Specialist 6/3/2020
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUSINESS UNIT:
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Develops integrated master schedules for large, complex engineering and manufacturing programs. Acts as a key member of the Program Management team. Performs a variety of schedule analysis including but not limited to variance and Critical Path analysis. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents in the position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Interfaces directly with Program Managers, functional managers & other support personnel to develop fully integrated and detailed baseline plans, schedules with interrelationships for all program tasks.
* Utilizes Gantt & Critical Path Method (CPM) network schedule techniques utilizing Primavera (P6) scheduling software.
* Establishes a program baseline from the detailed schedules and implement Performance Measurement reporting.
* Develops and maintains Cost Schedule Status Reports (CSSR).
* Performs variance, trend and 'what if' analysis and develop any necessary corrective action and work around or recovery plans as required.
* Maintains, monitors, and reports on schedule and cost performance.
* Prepares and maintains monthly manpower information for quarterly forecast reports.
* Conducts weekly schedule status review meetings with assigned program personnel and generate weekly CPI/SPI reports.
* Updates and submits all required customer Schedules and documentation on an as required basis.
* Supports the proposal process, including review of Requests for Proposals, schedule development & resource loading when required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* A four-year college degree, or equivalent, in business administration or finance or related discipline
* Minimum 5 years experience in a scheduling and finance environment.
* Prior working knowledge of CPM, PERT, Gantt and line-of balance scheduling techniques.
* Must have prior earned value concept knowledge and CSSR (cost schedule status report) development and reporting experience.
* Must have 5 years of experience with Primavera (P6) scheduling software.
* Working knowledge required for variety of software packages, including MS Project, Excel, Word and ACCESS.
* Required logical thought processes.
* Must possess good interpersonal skills (communication, facilitation and teamwork).
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law