This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/12/2019
END DATE 3/5/2020
International Flavors and Fragrances
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Scientific Manager to join our Health concepts team! Our ability to meet the constantly evolving needs of consumers through innovative and comprehensive solutions ensures our customers a totally satisfying experience. IFF creates, develops, manufactures and markets an extensive variety of high quality flavors and fine ingredients for customers in the food, beverage, functional food, flavor, fragrance, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmetic industries. We are fueled by passion and enhanced by the technology and insights of IFF. Our vision is to be the Preferred Partner for Tasty and Healthy Success. Our vision reflects our commitment to delivering the tastiest and healthiest solutions to our customers.
You will spend your time
* Technically training of sales people, customer, distributors, agents
* Attending joint customer visits with sales team and management
* Providing project management support for sales or direct responsibility
* Answering technical question to sales / customers, e.g. in cooperation with the global science group
* Supporting sales with technical and scientific details for the products, including customer presentations
* Supporting product line strategy for the US business in cooperation with other business functions (Marketing and Sales)
* Present at trade shows, conferences, company events Responsible for product comparisons versus competition for the US market
* Actively support IFF Health and Taste sales teams with scientific and technical information.
* Evaluation of scientific literature pertaining to the function of the products in health portfolio.
* Summarize research on product functions.
* Scouting for new products, research scientific information on existing and new products.
* Bringing ideas and initiate development of new ingredients in cooperation with Marketing and R&D JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Ph.D. or Master degree in nutrition science, food science, pharmacy, chemistry, biology or any other relevant scientific studies
* Experience in business to business marketing, technical marketing or sales of ingredients
* High measure of self-initiative, independence and persistency
* Excellent communication skills, very good presentation skills and very good negotiation skills & well organized
* DRIVE INNOVATION. Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
* OWN. Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
* INSPIRE OTHERS. Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give customers a reason to believe our vision, too.
We are IFF. We are the catalyst for discoveries that spark the senses and transform the everyday. International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking "what if*" That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique scents and tastes in fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, as well as beloved foods and beverages. Our 7,300 team members globally take advantage of leading consumer insights, research and development, creative expertise, and customer intimacy to develop differentiated products.
It is IFF's policy to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and to provide equal employment opportunity to Company employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital or civil union status, pregnancy, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, protected disability, genetic characteristics, HIV status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of the Company's employment practices, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, compensation and terminations.
Any employee requiring an accommodation of a protected disability should notify management or his or her Human Resources Representative.
Employees with questions or concerns about discrimination in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of his or her Human Resources Representative or any other member of management. Appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination may be taken against any employee who violates this policy.