This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/29/2020
END DATE 2/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONSCIENTIST II /III needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh Scientific's client located in RIDGEFIELD, CT.
12 month contract with possible extension.
Pay Rate: 34/hr
This position is with a major PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY, and requires A BS IN A SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINE, three-plus (3+) years of experience in related scientific discipline or Master's Degree from an accredited institution in related scientific discipline or equivalent experience in related field. Cell culture experience with both cell lines and primary immune cells.
1. Design, plan and execute experiments in an independent manner leveraging scientific and technical expertise to achieve defined objectives. Independently initiates and carries out the process for assay development, optimization and validation as required.
2. Culture cell lines and process primary tissues from different species.
3. Utilize multi-color flow cytometry and mass cytometry (CyTOF) techniques to develop novel assays for target engagement and/or pharmacodynamics biomarkers.
4. Work with lab supervisor to identify and optimize new and innovative assays associated with cytometry based biomarker discovery.
5. Perform Next Generation Sequencing to identify predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers.
6. Utilize molecular techniques to aid in the understanding of drug candidate mode of action.
7. Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
8. Ordering of laboratory consumables to ensure continuous supplies.
9. Design, execute, interpret and complete projects in a timely manner.
10. Work well in a highly matrixed environment and support multiple projects at the same time.
11. Works independently with the capability to troubleshoot experimental procedures.
12. Provide training and guidance to laboratory personnel.
13. Prepare technical reports, publications and oral presentations.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with three-plus (3+) years of experience in related scientific discipline or Master's Degree from an accredited institution in related scientific discipline or equivalent experience in related field.
· Industry experience is highly desired.
· Cell culture experience with both cell lines and primary immune cells.
· Practical experience with multi-color/ multi-parametric cytometry based approaches, including cell preparation, staining and acquisition.
· Practical experience with general molecular biology techniques such as qPCR and nucleic acid extraction from tissues and cells.
· Experience with technologies and instrumentation such as Quant Studio 12K Flex, Protein WES, Qubit, Nanodrop and Agilent Tapestation.
· Proficiency with computers and familiarity with data analysis software (GraphPad, FlowJo, etc).
· Previous experience in biomarker discovery is a plus.
Opportunity is Calling, APPLY NOW!
RECRUITER: Scott Savage: Scott.Savage@yoh.com
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU*
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
* Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
* 401K Retirement Saving Plan
* Life & Disability Insurance
* Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
* Employee Discount Programs
* Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here:
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.