Scientist IV (7582) 5/5/2020
Patricio Enterprises, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Scientist IV
LOCATION: Travel position - Multiple locations
STATUS: Open, Contingent
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
DESCRIPTION: The Scientist IV, or Laboratory Technologist, will be responsible for supervising a COVID19 testing facility. The facility will utilize Cepheid GeneXpert 16 systems to test for COVID19 infection. This position will be 100% travel. Locations will be determined by DoD and will be indirect support of COVID19 requirements at DoD facilities. The Laboratory Technologist will work out of a portable climate controlled shelter which utilizes two Cepheid GeneXpert 16 systems, two Bio-safety cabinets and a specimen processing center to test for COVID19 infection. This position will supervise Laboratory Technicians which will be processing, testing and reporting test results into the DoD healthcare system. Hours of operation will vary depending upon mission workload.
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
* Supervision of medical technicians who are:
* Inprocessing of patient specimens into the laboratory information system.
* Transfer of specimens into the Cepheid GeneXpert 16 test kit.
* Perform testing of samples on the Cepheid GeneXpert 16.
* Report test results utilizing AHLTA/CHCS, Cerner Genesis or similar patient record system.
* Troubleshooting and resolving any laboratory related issues related to the efficient processing of COVID19 test samples.
* Communicating with and taking direction from the Laboratory Director and/or Laboratory Manager at the DoD facility that is being supported.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Possess the ability to work on a laboratory team.
* Possess strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelors degree in a field related to laboratory medicine and be certified as a Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Medical Technologists or the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, respectively.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* The working environment will be a 16x20 portable climate controlled laboratory that is set up to utilize two Cepheid GeneXpert 16 systems, two Bio-safety cabinets and a sample processing center to test for COVID19.
* 100% travel is required
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)