Seasonal HVAC Parts Courier-Chicago
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/4/2020
END DATE 4/22/2020
Sears Home Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
HVAC Parts Courier and Helper
The Parts Courier and Helper is responsible for providing delivery, shuttling necessary parts and supplies for service repair completion for Repair Technicians and performing on-the-job training tasks when working with a Break Technician on call types.
* Rides with or meets Break/Fix Technician at designated locations to assist with service calls when assigned
* Shuttles parts and supplies to Break/Fix Technician when applicable
* Works as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible and expert service to every customer
* Maintains the highest level of service standards and communicates openly with District Technical Manager to assist as needed with resolving customer issues
* Looks for methods to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience
* Maintains truck and ensures maintenance schedules are within the Company guidelines (i.e., wash truck weekly, oil changes), and ensures tools and equipment are in safe operating condition
* Adheres to all Company policies and procedures
* Maintains inventory of parts which have been delivered
* Must be punctual and make no delay in deliveries
* Provides assistance with loading/unloading parts
* Performs other duties as assigned
Transformco Home Services - Sears Home Imp Prod
Sears Req Type
* Able to work with limited supervision and make sound judgments and decisions
* Ability to communicate, read, understand and apply written text of a technical nature in order to answer questions, solve problems or complete job tasks
* Ability to read, write and speak English
* Ability to work variable and flexible hours, including significant overtime as needed
* Ability to handle stressful situations and work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to follow appropriate industry specific regulations related to handling of hazardous materials
* Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
* Ability to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, twist, reach and climb
* Ability to drive and travel long distances of over 5 hours
* Must have and maintain a safe driving record and valid driver s license and insurance
* Ability to drive in various weather conditions for long periods of time and in various demographic areas
* Preferred Skills: Prior delivery/courier experience
Education Requirements: HS Graduate or Equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 1-2 Years
License/Certificate Required: No
Driver's License Required: Yes
EEO/EOE/Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
Sears Home Services