Seasonal Truck Driver 9/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Posting Title Seasonal Truck Driver Requisition Number 201416 Location Middleton, Wisconsin Zip Code 53562 Job Category Distribution and Warehouse
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It s our heritage and it s also our future. Because we don t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Seasonal Truck Driver provides support to Material Handling Department by moving product between American Girl facilities, making local pick-ups and deliveries, load and unload trailers and move product with in the warehouse. Follow all local and regulatory rules, laws and statutes. Ensure service/maintenance inspections and schedules are completed.
What Your Impact Will Be:
* Must know and obey all applicable federal, state, local and company laws and procedures while driving the truck. Truck drivers are required by federal law to submit to pre- employment, random and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
* Make pick-ups and deliveries as required.
* Maintain DOT Drivers Log Book, Vehicle Inspection, mileage and usage log on a daily basis
* Using either a pallet jack or forklift move pallets of product on and off the truck.
* Uses RF devices to accurately complete a wide variety of inventory transactions from receipts, inspection releases, transfers, replenishments, inquires, active-to-active moves, partial container moves.
* Present a friendly and professional demeanor with internal and external customers as an American Girl representative
* Operate warehouse powered equipment to support the Material Handling activities that include unloading containers, put away, cycle counting, pallet wrapping, and Operations Material Handling departmental support
* Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
What We\'re Looking For:
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously within defined timelines and prioritize when necessary.
* Must be proficient in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
* Excellent attention to detail to support accurate inventory.
* Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
* Demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively connect with others; approachable & viewed as a responsive resource for employees and leaders.
Education and Experience
* Class B Driver s license
* 1+ years of experience driving a class B vehicle
* 1+ years of experience of operating powered industrial equipment
* Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills
* Solid verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
* Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills including the ability to easily convey concepts and priorities as well as the ability to solicit feedback and inputs
* Ability lift up to 50lbs continuously.
* Ability to sit, stand and crouch for extended periods of time
* Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via telephone, and email
WHAT IT S LIKE TO WORK HERE:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
* WE COLLABORATE: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
* WE INNOVATE: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
* WE EXECUTE: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
WHO WE ARE:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.