Security Engineer 5/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
WANTED: Experienced Security Engineer to join the
Security Operations team at Kessel Run. This is an
exciting new initiative where the Air Force is mirroring
Silicon Valley processes and capabilities to quickly
deploy new capabilities.
As a Security Engineer you will:
* Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly
skilled IT and technical professionals.
* Receive a robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and
personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Security Engineer:
* Supporting security aspects of the DevSecOps process
and building security into the design and
development of applications.
* Securing Kessel Run networks and systems onsite and
at other Air Force locations.
* Work with both cloud and on-prem systems.
* Demonstrate passion, energy and excitement to work
on modern architectures and solve challenging
problems for our clients.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine,
"BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY
FRIENDLY EMPLOYER by MilitaryFriendly.com
* Security+ or equivalent certification to meet DoD
* US Citizen, Interim Secret clearance required to
* Additional certifications in security, cloud,
network, software or system administration
* Experience as a software developer
* Demonstrated enterprise security experience
supporting a large number of systems across a
geographically dispersed area
* Strong experience with on-prem and cloud systems.
Cloud experience includes cloud administration and
* Experience working in an Agile and DevSecOps
* Strong experience in CI/CD security tooling and
integration into pipelines
* Strong programming experience, in Ansible,
Terraform, Python, Java, etc.
* Experience building and maintaining security
* Recent and meaningful work with Kubernetes
* Experience working with software developers and
building security into the design and development
* Strong communications and team working skills
* Willing to jump into a dynamic environment and learn
* Able to work from our downtown Boston location at
least 4 days a week (one block from South Station)