This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/26/2019
END DATE 9/7/2019
Hackensack Meridian Health
Perth Amboy, NJ
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
Our security team provides the highest level of safety and security and customer service for our patients, visitors, team members and guests. Per Diem security officers must be able to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
A day in the life of a Security Officer at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
* Patrolling the campus either on foot or in a vehicle.
* Controlling access and vetting individuals requesting to gain access.
* Monitoring alarms and access information.
* Responding to alarms and Code Calls in a timely manner.
* Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
* Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures.
* Controlling disorderly situations and ability to assist in all situations that require security presence.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Preventative Safety and Security Rounding.
* Performs general security work in the protection of persons and property and the enforcement of all applicable policies, rules and regulations
* Affords protection of RBMC property, employees, patients and visitors against assault, theft, vandalism, fire and hazards. of the Medical Center
* High School graduate or equivalent education (GED) and experience required.
* One (1) year of experience as a Security Officer preferred.
* Valid driver's license required.
* Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Must be able to ascend/descend up to 10 flights of stairs.
* Must demonstrate excellent observation skills for reporting events.
* Must be able to physically restrain an individual
* No less than exceptional customer service is expected.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.