Security Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/27/2019
END DATE 6/28/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONSecurity Services
The Security Services Department's overall mission is to ensure a safe and secure environment and protect MIT Lincoln Laboratory at all facilities in which staff members perform their mission of research and development. To accomplish this mission, this department formulates and implements policies, plans, and actions designed to protect facilities against threats of vandalism, accidental destruction, and sabotage; and safeguards personnel, classified and unclassified information systems, personal identifiable information, property, and other assets from exploitation and recruitment by foreign intelligence agencies.
Security Operations Manager - Special Programs
The Operations Manager - Special Programs Security, reports directly to the Laboratory's Special Programs Manager. This position is responsible for the management and coordination of numerous ongoing Enterprise-level project initiatives across the Laboratory, as well as organizing and overseeing the daily work direction of the Special Programs staff.
* Contribute to developing and maintaining the vision and strategy for the Special Programs Group, consistent with Security Services Department goals and objectives.
* Develop a robust, credible self-inspection and audit program to ensure compartmented programs are inspection ready at all times.
* Execute and ensure special programs core training requirements are met prior to assigning staff to programs.
* Assist the Manager, Special Programs in assessing impacts and implementing changes and updates to existing government and sponsor-driven requirements, as well as new special security guidance as it applies to Laboratory special security programs.
* Provide support in leading and managing secure space allocation and facilitate the acquisition of secure space. Act as the lead security management representative for a large government sponsor.
* Assist with overseeing and managing the daily activities, goals, projects and deliverables of Team Leads, to include organizing and assuring execution of tasks while managing workload and coverage. Assist in reviewing and tracking administrative and technical tasks undertaken by the Special Programs Group, ensuring staff members are capable of applying "best practices" for supported programs, including a full understanding of requirements and timely completion of work. Primary role will be implementing standards across special programs.
* Participate directly in, support and assist with the hiring and personnel retention process in the Special Programs Group, identifying opportunities for professional development of staff by conducting and managing staff retention "Stay Interviews", maintaining records and investigating new training and education activities.
* Ensure that all staff members adhere to, and remain current with all Special Programs Policies and Procedures while ensuring that the Operations Manuals, Security Procedures, SOPs, and Accreditation Documentation remain current and consistent with policy.
* Develop, maintain and encourage ongoing measures to support integration between security staff and division personnel. Develop effective working relationships with other Group, Department and Division managers, supervisors, technical staff and program managers. Participate in various enterprise-level project meetings with Laboratory stakeholders and provide security leadership direction for projects and operational initiatives consistent with the goals and objectives of the Chief Security Officer (CSO) and Special Programs Manager. Has regular interactions with industry colleagues for benchmarking and information sharing of best practices.
* Assist the Special Programs Manager in maintaining appropriate governance, information assurance oversight, policy guidance, and inspection preparedness for Laboratory Special Programs systems and networks to ensure compliance with DoD and other sponsor mandated regulations. Participate in regular, ongoing status meetings to keep Special Programs Group and Security Department leadership informed of ongoing projects and initiatives. Present briefings, and assist with ensuring consistent Special Programs Group reporting of risk assessments, metrics, overviews of emerging technology, security incidents and ongoing investigations.
* Monitor and ensure appropriate attention is given to Corrective Action Plans (CAPS) and accreditation documentation.
* Work with Risk Assessment Administrator to ensure compliance across programs.
* Will be responsible for designing and implementing security education measures across sponsor programs in coordination with the Laboratory's Security Education and Analysis Administrator.
* Bachelor's degree - Master's degree preferred.
* Seven or more (7+) years of directly related management experience in a Department of Defense (DoD) Industrial Security setting is desired, with related work in Special Security Administration preferred.
* Must have excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Proven ability to influence outcomes without direct authority is needed. Demonstrated ability to multi task projects/programs and to redirect priorities as needed.
* Strong leadership, organization, planning and communications skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively interact and work with executive leadership, peers, industry partners, sponsors, and program managers.
* Past experience in leading, developing and mentoring medium to large size teams and committees is required.
* Prior formal line management experience and proven track record of successfully solving complex problems, and cultivating strong relationships/collaboration across organizational boundaries.
* Demonstrated managerial skills, including direct supervision, hiring, training, and staff development.
* Working knowledge of PCs and associated business software: Excel, Access, MS Word, and PowerPoint are required.
* Selected candidate must be a reliable self-starter who makes sound, well-informed and objective decisions, works independently with a demonstrated ability to manage complex situations and have the ability to follow-up and solve problems.
* Must have excellent interpersonal communication, organizational, and customer service skills.
* Candidate must have demonstrated experience in the planning, construction and accreditation process for new SAP/SCI facilities, security infrastructure development, and implementation of security policy.
* Position may require local and some overnight travel.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance is required. Position requires a Top Secret security clearance and must be eligible for compartmented program access in order to fulfill job duties.
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: [[id]] #CJ