Security Systems Programmer 8/22/2020
Rio Rancho, NM
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
The qualified Security System Programmer will be well rounded and experienced in Access Control and Video Management Systems. Intrusion is a plus. The Security Systems Programmer will commission systems remotely and onsite to complete all phases of the project s programming and troubleshooting. The Security System Programmer will perform their duties by conducting software installation, system firmware upgrades, multiple system integration, basic to advance system configuration, and training the end user on functionality. The Security System Programmer will keep clear records of information used during system commissioning. All password, IP schemes, device labeling schemes and any other information use in the process will be included in the records kept.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Programming of advanced Access Control and Video Management Systems
* PC set up
* Basic IP Network knowledge
* Data Entry
* Record Management
* Conduct expert level of troubleshooting of Access Control system and CCTV system by use of Multi-Meter or other tools as necessary
* Customer Interaction
* Customer Training
* Installation of devices Cameras, Door Contacts, REX, etc.
* Basic Locking Hardware Knowledge
* Having Own Tools
* Termination of Multiple Cable Types
* Quality Control of Installation
* Provide Feedback to Determine Improvements Needed in Installation Process
* Able to Read Construction Drawings and Line Diagrams
* Experience in Excel, SQL and SQL light, Word, Note Pad, etc.
* Other responsibilities as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Regular attendance is mandatory
* Must have the ability to sit, stand, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
* Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills; creative thinking.
* Interact with employees, customers and colleagues effectively on a professional level.
* PC & Networking proficient (must already know your way around a computer)
* The Security Systems Programmer must maintain a professional and presentable appearance and be capable of interfacing with clients.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Experience in an Industrial, Semi-Conductor site a plus
* Must possess at least a high school diploma or GED equivalency
* A formal education in electronics or a related field preferred.
* Must have recent experience programming access control for commercial uses
* Must have recent experience programming in commercial industry technology and equipment (HID, Continental, Verint, Axis, Lenel, Softwarehouse, etc.)
* A background in SQL programming is preferred
* Must be able to meet IES driving standards
* Excellent experience with Security or other electro-mechanical installation techniques, or field servicing.
* Multiple fields of programming experience required.
* Must have the ability to read schematic diagrams and drawing
* Knowledge of and experience in commercial construction standards is strongly preferred.
* This individual should have strong industry knowledge of best practices and programming standards that are consistent with manufacturer s specifications.
* The Security System programmer should have excellent troubleshooting skills.
* This individual must be proficient in reading and interpreting security signal one-line drawings, able to understand system function and determine cable pull schedule from this information.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2019 fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 IES produced over $1.1 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. ""EEO is the Law" poster (https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)|"EEO is the Law" poster supplement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf)
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster (https://ies-co.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=17624&hashed=1802678857)
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify