Senior Academic Personnel Analyst - OB/GYN 6/4/2020
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for high-level analysis, oversight and administration of Academic Personnel services to assure that these services are performed effectively, and provided on a timely basis. You will receive assignments in terms of goals and objectives.
As our Senior Academic Personnel Analyst, your duties include but are not limited to academic review process, dossier coordination, and salary administration. You will also be responsible for processing Fellowship appointments and renewals for the department, and acting as liaison with the Dean's office, the Academic Personnel Office, and other internal and external agencies as well as updating the departmental database with approved actions and new appointees. Qualifications
* Demonstrated working knowledge of academic personnel dossiers preparation, review and submission for all actions, including appointment, merit, 4th year appraisals and promotions.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of academic personnel policies and procedures governing academic actions.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of voluntary faculty appointments and promotions.
* Experience working in a healthcare human resources office, including knowledge of employment forms (I-9, etc.), confidentiality, HIPAA, other required exams, and records management.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of all steps necessary for initial appointment, including hire paperwork, benefits, beeper, badges, etc.
* Working knowledge of University online payroll and personnel systems, including UCPath and UCRecruit strongly preferred
* Knowledge of the application for academic leaves of absence, including FMLA, sabbatical, leave with pay, leave without pay and business leave.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of initial appointment processing and renewal of appointment processing of Post-Doctoral Scholars. Working knowledge of the policy and the UAW contract covering Post-doctoral Scholars.
* Working knowledge of J-1 Visa processing and policy related to academic personnel.
* General knowledge of physician on-boarding and billing processing. General knowledge of verification of credential information and reappointment for privileges and credentialing within the UCLA system.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, including excellent skill in writing legible, concise and grammatically correct documentation in Standard English.
* Demonstrated skill in organizing material and information in a systematic manner, set and follow-through on priorities, and maintain composure in situations involving emergencies to maximize efficiency and minimize duplicate effort while working with frequent interruptions and a heavy workload.
* Bachelor s Degree strongly preferred
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.