Senior Academic Personnel Review Analyst 8/22/2020
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (DGSOM) seeks to hire a Senior Academic Personnel Analyst. The DGSOM is comprised of 24 academic departments, 5 organized research units, and 5 interdisciplinary research centers and is the academic home to approximately 3200 faculty and 2500 trainees, students and fellows.
In this role, you will serve as a key member of the team. You will serve as the Dean s Office (DO) Academic Affairs partner to multiple DGSOM Departments varying in size and complexity and will be a subject matter expert (SME) and point of contact on various academic personnel policies and procedures in order to provide seamless support to leadership, faculty, and staff at all levels within the David Geffen School of Medicine and campus at large. You will be responsible for all phases of review of academic personnel actions in the School of Medicine, comprising of the five professorial series, the Professorial Research series, the Project Scientist series, and other academic appointments.
*Contract, may become careerQualifications
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent strongly preferred
* Strong knowledge of academic personnel policies and procedures (Academic Personnel Manual APM and The CALL)
* Strong knowledge of Opus, Interfolio, and UCPath preferred
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a desire to understand the issues
* Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced, and actionable insights
* Rigorous attention to detail with a healthy balance of speed vs. accuracy.
* Excellent customer service interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
* High level of ethics, integrity, discretion and confidentiality
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.