Senior Accountant - Payroll & Benefits 5/6/2020
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
We are looking to add a new member to our team to assist in the accounting and analysis of Payroll and related Employee Benefits. This individual will participate in meetings with Finance teams and Business Unit teams throughout the organization to develop a solid understanding of changes in the business that will impact the financial statements, and will work closely with the organization s Payroll, Human Resource, and Compensation teams. The individual will be responsible for creating journal entries, performing reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, providing detail and summary level analysis of impacts to the balance sheet and income statement, and maintaining effective internal controls to mitigate risk.
Senior Accountant job duties:
* In accordance with GAAP, prepare and record journal entries in the accounting system timely and accurately.
* Work with internal and external teams to identify or assist with projects to improve or correct processes and systems, collaborating with financial systems and other impacted teams.
* Perform month and quarter end close activities, including journal entries, detail and summary level analysis of impacts to the balance sheet and income statement, balance sheet account reconciliations, and reporting schedules for SEC, external auditors, and internal Tax teams.
* Partner with Finance and Business Unit teams to assist with quarterly/annual budget planning, understanding impact of proposed changes, and provide guidance on accounting treatment and timing of recognition of expenditures.
* Understand and maintain internal controls and assist with the preparation and update of control self-assessments for SOX compliance.
* Protect the integrity of confidential accounting information.
* Assist external auditors with quarterly review, annual audit, and substantive testing requests.
* Support Payroll operations department with accounting knowledge.
* Position requires work beyond 8 hours a day during the financial close and other occasions as necessary, potentially including weekends and holidays.
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
* Good working knowledge and understanding of accounting processes
* Experience with Excel, subledger and GL systems, Oracle a plus
* Proficient in GAAP
* Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, analytical and organizational skills
* Effective communicator, enjoys interacting with team members and departments
* Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports
* Ability to create efficiencies or solutions for existing or unexpected situations
* Resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
* Accounting, Finance or related discipline degree required
* CPA or CPA candidate preferred
* Requires 6-9 years of corporate/public accounting experience
* Self starter that demonstrates the ability to work in a fast paced and growing environment
* Consistently demonstrates the ability to provide Fanatical Support to internal business partners
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.