Senior Administrative Assistant / Per Diem / Department of Quality and Safety
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/14/2020
END DATE 3/17/2020
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Brigham and Womens Hospital is dedicated to:
- serving the needs of our local and global community
- providing the highest quality health care to patients and their families
- expanding the boundaries of medicine through research
- educating the next generation of health care professional
Every employee plays an important role in providing a positive impact on the organization and the people we serve. Your work will be distinguished by demonstrating respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, families and colleagues, excellence in customer service and job performance.
All employees are expected to embrace this commitment and demonstrate behavioral competencies in the following areas:
People: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
Self Management: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
Organization: A commitment to quality, service and exceptional performance
Meeting these expectations is key to the success of your department and the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Actual job duties may vary by department
- Perform administrative duties under minimal supervision at the highest proficiency level.
- Provides direct support to Division Chief and Administrator
- Work is highly complex, non-repetitive and often project oriented,
- Ability to problem solves and determine best course of action with little direction.
- Act as a lead, assign and prioritize workflow, troubleshoot issues, assist with training and orientation, and provide backup support for the Supervisor.
- May direct workflow and lead others. Mentor other staff.
- Work on projects, coordinate work, take initiative using all available resources, follow through on issues when needed, apply knowledge as appropriate with little direction from Supervisor.
- Track expense budgets, perform basic bookkeeping tasks and create financial reports.
- Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
- Provide cross coverage as needed.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Other duties, as assigned
LEVEL OF EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum three years medical office or administrative support experience required.
- Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred. Associates Degree or higher level education preferred, but not required.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
- Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
- Highly proficient in all communication skills (phone, verbal and written). Ability to handle sensitive information and situations with poise and professionalism.
- Organization Skills: Strong organizational, coordination and judgment skills. Ability to prioritize effectively. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, following established protocols, and work within systems.
- System Skills: Advanced computer skills. Ability to use all applicable applications at highest competency level.
- Ability to problem solves and troubleshoots. Ability to analyze a situation and determine best course of action within established guidelines.
- Advanced understanding and use of medical terminology.
- Advanced comprehension of billing and fiscal information.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
BWH Behavioral Competencies
1. People: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
Definition: Maintain an environment where individuals value and respect differences in all situations. Stand firm against intolerance and bias to create a welcoming environment and respect all individuals regardless of race, gender identity, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, religion, socio-economic status, or national origin.
1. Work effectively with others who have diverse perspectives, talents, roles, backgrounds and/or styles
2. Contribute to a positive team environment where differences are respected, supported and are free from stereotyping and offensive comments
3. Be professional when approached about behaviors that might be perceived as disrespectful
Definition: The ability to effectively articulate and receive information in a clear, concise and timely manner.
1. Practice active listening skills
2. Foster and maintain an environment that respects open dialogue, differences of opinion, as well as diverse communication styles
3. Ensure that information is shared in a clear, accurate, and timely manner using the appropriate communication method for your audience
4. Express oneself clearly and professionally in your verbal, non-verbal, written, and electronic communication
Building Collaborative Relationships
Definition: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build relationships between ones area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve organizational goals.
1. Take initiative to support others and build productive relationships that will lead to a cohesive workplace
2. Interact effectively with other team members, departments and customers to accomplish organizational goals
Definition: Understand how ones own work affects the organization as a whole and demonstrate a commitment to the organizational goals.
1. Support and respect BWHs mission, vision, values and history
2. Understand and recognize how your individual role and department impacts the organization
2. Self Management: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
Definition: Demonstrate adaptability and openness to organizational changes needed to improve effectiveness and goals.
1. Support and positively participate in organizational and/or job specific changes
2. Initiate appropriate action when change is needed
3. Be flexible and open to new ideas
4. Adapt to shifting priorities
Page 3 of 5
Definition: Predisposed to pursue learning opportunities even outside own comfort zone, one stays abreast of new tools and methods, rising to add value and build challenge in current assignments.
1. Demonstrate openness to learning from successes and failures
2. Recognize and participate in learning opportunities
3. Seek and share best practices
Definition: Practice respect for self and others, and adhere to BWH standards, policies, and procedures at all times.
1. Adhere to BWHs Code of Conduct, Guide to Ethical Standards, policies and procedures
2. Align behavior with the organizational mission and values
3. Practice respect in accordance to the BWH standards
4. Demonstrate responsibility, reliability, and trustworthiness
3. Organization: A commitment to quality, service and exceptional performance
Quality and Safety Focus
Definition: Responsible for meeting standards of performance or outcomes in a safe manner while avoiding risks.
1. Align job performance with quality and safety standards (e.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.