Senior Applications Engineer - Virtual Prototyping 6/12/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys is hiring a Senior Applications Engineer for the Virtual Prototyping group of Synopsys. This professional is focused on customer deployment of industry leading solutions for SoC architecture design and embedded software development, across broad set of verticals such as Automotive, Artificial Intelligence, Mobile and Storage.
The Application Engineer (AE) partners with sales and customer technical leaders to identify business challenges, develop effective technical solutions for new accounts and increase utilization and retention of products on current accounts.
Typical technical activities include technical discovery meetings, analysis of customers prototyping requirements, identification of customer specific value of a Synopsys solution, product demonstrations, solution presentations and evaluations. The AE is also responsible for deployment activities including product training, support for general product usage, technical issue resolution and managing and tracking issues reported by customers.
The AE also reviews and analyzes product feedback and works with R&D to develop technical specifications and validate improvements.
* BS (MS preferred) in EE or CS and 5+ years experience in a customer facing role in areas of architecture analysis or embedded SW development.
* Proficiency in C/C++ programming on Unix or Windows.
* Knowledge of SoC architectures, modeling and simulation technologies (e.g. SystemC) and software development tools and flows.
* Candidates must be independent and proactive, possess strong communication skills, and be quick learners. The role requires travel (about 25% of the time).
* 7+ years EDA/Embedded Software industry experience including experience in an Applications Engineering role.
* Experience of the AI domain or automotive domain. Relevant experience in AI includes AI Frameworks (CAF , TensorFlow) and deep learning accelerators. Relevant experience in automotive domain includes SoCs/MCUs used in ADAS, Infotainment or control applications, operating systems (e.g. AUTOSAR, Linux) and tools (e.g. Simulink, CANoe, Lauterbach).
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Synopsys offers a stimulating work environment with international contacts, flexibility and an attractive compensation package You will work with highly professional and motivated colleagues who value your contribution. If this job description sounds interesting, we look forward to hearing from you.
Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender preference, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Covered Veteran in accordance with federal law. In addition, Synopsys complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Synopsys Inc. also provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with a disability in accordance with applicable laws.