Senior Associate Scientist, Experimental Pharmacology & In Vivo Sciences
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/6/2020
END DATE 8/6/2020
Bluebird Bio Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Preclinical Development group works with bluebird bio s discovery platforms and translational research teams to generate the hypotheses, mechanism-of-action and efficacy data that fuel the bluebird pipeline. We also work with our clinical and regulatory teams to generate the toxicology and biodistribution data that is critical to translating each of bluebird s innovative therapies safely from research into patients. In doing so, we continuously strive towards our mission to be the biotech world s best preclinical development organization for immunotherapy and gene therapy. Our valued associates experience room to grow their careers, a supportive, flexible and collaborative work environment, and respect for a diversity of experiences and perspectives.
About the Role:
* Execute xenogeneic and syngeneic mouse tumor models in collaboration with Research Scientists.
* Perform all associated cell culture activities for in vitro and in vivo studies (establish human and mouse tumor cell line banks including engineering cell lines to express novel proteins; grow and prepare cell lines for studies; formulate cell drug products for in vivo administration)
* Perform routine injections (sc, ip, iv) in mice, monitor animal health, collect blood samples, measure tumors, perform necropsies and collect and record data.
* Assist in the development of novel animal models as needed, including pilot studies for model development, troubleshooting, and model characterization.
* Perform flow cytometric analysis of biological samples from in vivo and in vitro
* Evaluate tumor microenvironment gene and protein expression profiles using common molecular methods.
* Record and analyze data using software including Studylog, Excel, GraphPad Prism and Flow jo.
* Prepare and present data to a variety of groups across Research and Development.
* BA/BS or MS with 5+ years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
* Experience with in vivo studies required (especially mouse models), including animal handling, performing routine injections, necropsy, collection of blood and tissues
* Expertise with murine intravenous injections is preferred
* Experience with flow cytometric analysis of biologic samples, and mRNA/protein isolation and analysis by qPCR, ELISA, Wes or other techniques is preferred
* Experience with aseptic tissue/cell culture
* Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic mechanisms underpinning bluebird s immunotherapy and gene therapy products
* Experience in maintaining a laboratory notebook and following written protocols
* Familiarity with programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism and PowerPoint for data entry, analysis and presentations
* Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and do-what-it-takes attitude
* Independently motivated, detail-oriented and excellent problem-solving abilities
* Excellent organizational skills towards multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
* Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio is committed to fostering an environment where everyone can be their whole selves and know they are valued. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.