Senior Business Analyst (0657U) - #4990
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/18/2020
END DATE 4/16/2020
University of California-Berkeley
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Senior Business Analyst (0657U) - #4990
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) strengthens Berkeley's excellence through engagement with alumni, parents, undergraduate and graduate students, and friends of the University, raising public awareness about Berkeley and increasing private philanthropy. The department is responsible for centralized fundraising and donor engagement, and works to strengthen unit development offices by consulting and partnering with campus fundraisers.
Advancement Planning and Analysis (APA) is the unit within UDAR that serves as a central project management resource for the effective and efficient management of IT projects and operational initiatives that fulfill the university s philanthropic mission. The unit provides advancement-related systems and business process analysis, project management, strategic planning and operations decision support to the campus development and alumni relations community. The Advancement Planning and Analysis unit works to provision the growth in demand for advancement shared services by developing next generation solutions to enhance the capacity of advancement operations campus-wide.
The Business Systems Analyst 4 (BSA4) uses advanced business analysis concepts and a comprehensive knowledge of fundraising management principles to resolve highly complex operational issues and meet the philanthropic objectives of the university. The BSA4 collaborates with management and leads campus-wide teams to implement solutions and achieve program goals. The position works on highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. The BSA4 analyzes large-scale business processes and problems; develops solutions involving the use of information technology; creates specifications for systems to meet requirements; validates requirements against needs; designs details of automated systems; develops user interface designs; plans and executes unit integration and acceptance testing.
The position is responsible for the outcome of projects from initiation through delivery and organizes interdepartmental activities to ensure completion of projects on schedule and within budget. The BSA4 provides business analysis documentation to support decision making and meet operational needs.
* Applies advanced business systems concepts to define highly complex systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
* Works at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
* Performs highly complex analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
* Creates highly technical specifications for systems with broad impact on campus enterprise systems.
* Initiates and designs automated system specifications where there are no standardized policies or procedures. Initiates, designs or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Initiates, facilitates, implements and documents work process changes.
* Manages the outcome of projects with a defined beginning and end involving departmental or cross-functional teams.
* Promotes the success of diverse project teams using inclusive and equitable engagement to achieve strategic goals.
* Creates and executes project plans.
* Coordinates, and monitors schedules, staff, and deliverables.
* Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
* Organizes the project to meet the completion of the project in scope, on schedule, and within budget to meet the success metrics specified for the projects.
* Plans and executes unit integration and acceptance testing.
* Provide user support and training on new applications.
* Writes Request for Proposals (RFPs) or portions of the RFP document.
* Requires advanced knowledge of business analysis function.
* High level strategic thinking skills and critical attention to detail a must.
* Requires knowledge of fundraising concepts and practices.
* Familiarity with current industry trends in both advancement and IT preferred.
* Requires high level interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
* Good interviewing, facilitation, project management and presentation skills a must.
* Knowledge of campus and system-wide fundraising and financial processes and procedures preferred.
* Has skill needed to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
* Demonstrated experience in data analysis. Experience developing queries using SQL or comparable tools preferred.
* Documentation samples required.
* Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $100,000.00 - $115,000.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 6-12 month, full-time (40-hours per week), Contract (temporary) position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information