Senior Business Analyst I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/8/2020
END DATE 2/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONTravelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport.
As a Senior Business Analyst I at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
The Senior Business Analyst I within the Enterprise Corporate Systems team, has primary responsibility for managing relationships with key stakeholders gathering complex business / non-functional requirements and driving the translation of these into functional and technical requirements for/with application delivery teams. You may work within a project team or independently. You will apply deep knowledge of the business and related technology together with expertise of business analysis to elicit, analyze and document requirements as well as identify all inter-dependencies for one or more products/tools or suite/subset of tools/activities of internal business systems. You will ensure alignment to established architectural roadmaps. You are also responsible for full adoption of enterprise standards and tools as relevant to needs of evolving business operating model.
This role will involve
* Manage relationships with key stakeholders gathering complex business / non-functional requirements and driving the translation of these into functional and technical requirements for/with application delivery teams. May work within a project team or independently.
* Drive requirements management workshops utilizing enterprise standards and tools (eg: PPM, Jira). Understand and create use cases, document non-functional and functional requirements. In an agile delivery environment, the Business Analyst may support product owners writing user stories / epics and creating requirements for delivery of solutions.
* Contribute to development of Business Cases and feasibility analysis to scope projects.
* Demonstrate the ability to effectively facilitate meetings and/or contribute to project discussions and establishes metrics for measuring assigned key project deliverables
* Ensure clarity on agreed product's functional and non-functional requirements, including working with the project management team to prioritize assigned deliverables,
* Partner with the delivery teams to document system environment and user interface requirements including liaison with 3rd party vendors / managed service providers as applicable
* Lead definition of testing criteria and artefacts plus support the execution and tracking of testing as required, including participating in Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
* Continuous review of solution to ensure acceptance criteria are met and the solution meets project objectives/expectations
* Generate ideas to improve overall product/system/process design and/or streamline delivery of process/system/tools/product and in alignment to any established business and technology roadmaps (Architecture COE).
* Participate in and support change projects such as business process re-engineering in association with Architecture COE (Business Process Architects) for system customizations and software upgrades.
* Ensure interdependencies of system/product/process are fully identified and solutioned to achieve best practices and standard specifications to streamline work for development and drive operational efficiencies.
* Drive the relationship management with Product/Business System stakeholders and technical teams in resolution of complex customer production issues and the management of changes to business requirements/processes.
* Work with internal departments as required to correct poorly structured or inaccurate data/processes and support necessary change
* Assist with training of new team members and act as a mentor to Business Analysts.
* Drive and implement approved changes to Travelport practices/processes at a tactical level.
Come and join us. To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values:
* Be a player, not a spectator. You will take ownership and make things happen.
* Think we, not me. We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
* Keep it simple. We re straightforward and easy to do business with.
* Build for tomorrow. You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
Your background and skills
* 4-year degree within Computer Information Systems or related Information Technology.
* 5+ years business analysis, product management or relevant consultancy experience. Fully experienced in BA core disciplines and is acquiring experience in related specializations / qualifications.
* Highly technical individual possessing expertise and experience working across one or more products or suite/subset of activities of internal business systems.
* Experience with Travel GDS preferred.
* Experience with process models and diagrams and clearly documented requirements to guide developers across multiple products / internal business systems.
* Experience in managing vendors / Managed Service partners.
* Awareness of financials to create business proposals for technology investments/project portfolios.
* Expert understanding of product/tools/systems and functionality.
* Understands SDLC/Agile methodology & principles / group metrics and processes and the Change Lifecycle. Experience of adapting style to work in an agile delivery environment creating requirements for delivery of solution.
* Familiarity with one or more programming languages desirable (Java, SQL etc.).
* Familiar with service analysis and design e.g.: ITIL.
* Project Management knowledge/tools (e.g.: PPM), Project Management qualification helpful.
* Business Process Discovery methods and tools (Business Process Model and Notation - BPMN. Different approaches, Workshops, Interviews, etc.).
* Gathering and documentation of Business, Data, Functional and Non-functional Requirements including Process Modelling of As-Is and To-Be.
* Relevant tools for Requirements Management, QA and GRC, such as Jira, ALM and Archer.
If this sounds like you, we d love for you to get in touch.
What s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status..