Senior Business Analyst 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tennant Company is a recognized leader of the cleaning industry. Since 1870 we have been passionate about developing innovative and sustainable solutions that help our customers clean more spaces more effectively, addressing indoor and outdoor cleaning challenges. Our products include equipment for maintaining surfaces in industrial, commercial and outdoor environments; detergent-free and other sustainable cleaning technologies; cleaning tools and supplies; and coatings for protecting, repairing and upgrading surfaces. With more than $1B in revenue, Tennant Company operates in three geographic business units including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. Join the company committed to empowering our customers to create a cleaner, safer and healthier world with high-performance cleaning solutions that minimize waste, reduce costs, improve safety and further sustainability goals.
* This is a position in the IT team that supports FSM (Field Service Management application), our new field service platform from IFS company
* The primary focus and area of support for this position will be supporting and improving system interfaces between SAP and FSM
* This position includes both technical and functional work, requires analyzing technical issues, and understanding functional processes to help fix the issues
* Responsible for understanding, monitoring, analyzing, and supporting many direct interfaces between SAP and FSM systems
* Work directly with other IT team members and business users to resolve issues related to the systems integrations between SAP and FSM. Issues could be caused by data, process, or technical problems. Need to investigate and work with appropriate team members to resolve.
* Responsible for maintaining solution integrity though the course of any change project including developing, maintaining, and executing test cases when changes are made that could impact any of the interfaces between SAP and FSM.
* Analysis and testing: Required to trouble shoot and solve complex problems which may require detailed investigations
* As part of the Service team, work with other Service IT team members to support field service function and FSM application
* Responsible for continuous improvements of processes and systems around solutions within area of responsibilities
* May manage projects within area of responsibilities
* Manage workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related fields required
* 5+ years of applicable IT experiences
* Demonstrated analytical skills to methodically identify and resolve problems
* Strong troubleshooting skills, ability to troubleshoot and fix systems issues
* Desire and agility for learning new systems and new technologies
* Hands-on knowledge with integration or middleware tools (like SAP PI, SAP IDocs, WebServices, Postman).
* SAP or IFS FSM experiences preferable
* Service management knowledge preferable
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS: In addition to the General Responsibilities, the following are requisite interpersonal and behavior skills of the position:
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and build influence, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation
* Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment, may sometimes require working outside of normal business working hours
* Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
* Ability to work with limited supervision, and make relevant decisions in performing daily tasks
* Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization, including the ability to communicate technical and business information to both technical and non-technical audiences
Let us introduce you to Tennant Company. We're everywhere. In your sports clubs, shopping malls, office buildings, parking lots. We make things that make things look like new. We bring new cleaning ideas to market. There is new dirt every day and our machines clean it up. With manufacturing operations and sales, service and support functions across globe, your journey at Tennant can take you places you never expected. If you want to get your hands dirty on a project, step up with your own ideas, or maybe even explore talents you never knew you had, Tennant Company is a place where that can happen. Because at Tennant, we like to think like new. Begin your journey with us. Let's reinvent how the world cleans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.