Senior Business Solutions Manager 9/2/2020
EMCOR Government Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Senior Business Solutions Manager
EMCOR Government Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, has an immediate opening for an exceptional, working Senior Business Solutions Manager experienced in all facets of the proposal and bid development process for both government and commercial clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversee all assigned government and commercial bids - bid requirements vary from quick-turnaround RFIs and task orders to full RFPs.
* Manage the full proposal lifecycle - from initial solution development, to proposal writing, to final editing and compliance assurance, to production and submission.
* Lead solution development and strategic planning activities for all assigned bids and RFPs.
* Both develop and manage compliant and compelling proposal content in accordance with RFP requirements.
* Provide editorial oversight (for both content and compliance) for other team members at different stages of the bid development process.
* Work with technical subject matter experts and capture team leaders to develop bid and proposal strategies (and associated content) designed to enhance our bid position and to increase win probabilities.
* Prepare tools and products designed to assist other writers and technical subject matter experts develop text and graphics in accordance with win strategies and RFP instructions.
* Prepare annotated outlines, section mockups, and section specifications to support the proposal strategy.
* Coordinate development of graphics, working with technical subject matter experts to illustrate technical and management concepts and convey key proposal messaging.
* Use technology-based tools and software programs (e.g., Zoom, SharePoint) for proposal communications, collaboration, scheduling, and development.
* Ensure that all information is consistent with the organization's brand message, value proposition, business objectives and style standards.
* Serve as lead writer, when needed, for proposals and RFPs of different sizes and complexities.
* Edit and proofread proposal sections for style, consistency, and compliance.
* Assist in producing, binding, packaging and shipping all customer documents.
* Support and monitor production of proposals, ensuring that high quality, professional products are created and delivered on time.
* Help manage opportunity kick-off meetings and color team reviews
* Support the development and production of marketing material
* Must work late hours / weekends periodically throughout the proposal process to submission
* Ability to tour potential facilities (walking, standing and climbing stairs)
* Ability to lift 20-25 pounds
A successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree (Advanced Degree Preferred) in English, Writing, Journalism, Communications, or related field required.
* Minimum 7 to 10 years of proven experience in government and commercial proposal writing and solution development required.
* Knowledge of facility management, engineering, renovation, modification, and sustainment practices and the management of these practices preferred.
* Understanding of Federal government procurement regulations and practices (including FAR) required.
* Strongest preference given to candidates within the Washington DC metropolitan area, though opportunities will exist for partial remote work.
* Proven ability to be self-motivated and work individually as well as part of a team.
* Proven ability to supervise staff such as Writers, Coordinators and Graphic support staff.
* Must have a strong work ethic and commitment to producing quality work.
* Familiarity with proposal development best practices, such as Shipley or APMP.
* Ability to think critically and draw from several resources to create simple, unified and persuasive documents.
* Capability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments when needed.
* Must be computer savvy and adept at using technologies aimed at communications and proposal development.
* Must be a strong communicator and able to interface within difference levels of the organization.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel.
* Strong organization skills and an attention for detail.
* Willingness and ability to adapt and learn in a fast-moving environment.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)