Senior Civil Engineer 2/15/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sr. Civil Engineer
We are hiring a Sr. Civil Engineer with Water/Wastewater to support our High-Speed Rail/Transit projects for California. Join our expanding Wastewater team to support design, construction and maintenance of existing rail/transit systems that will connect service Central California to Northern California. This is a key role on our design team and the successful candidate must have a strong background in road grading and drainage using Civil 3D Design and experience with Water Lines/ Pumps. We have PARTNERED WITH MORE THAN 400 TRANSIT AGENCIES AND HAVE WORKED ON EVERY MAJOR TRANSIT SYSTEM IN NORTH AMERICA AND MANY OF THE MOST RENOWNED SYSTEMS OVERSEAS!
Ready to put your skills to work on Technical or Engineering projects? Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within one discipline. The Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most engineering theories and practices. Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Experience working with existing Water lines/ pumps that are near railroad tracts that either will be modified or relocated. This role would be based in our Pasadena, CA office.
* Performs complex engineering tasks and particularly important engineering work efficiently and accurately.
* Extracts engineering information from CAD drawings.
* Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
* Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes. Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
* Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
* Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
* Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
* May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
* May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field) and typically 8+ years of related work experience. Professional Engineer registration may be required.
* Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.