Senior Clinical Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/5/2019
END DATE 1/24/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careersthat match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Department of Evaluation & Decision Sciences at Mercy Virtual is seeking a Clinical Analyst to work in collaboration with a progressive team of health care professionals in the design, execution, and assessment of strategies and tactics to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and impact of Mercy Virtual's health service programs and to support decision-making within the emerging virtual health care segment. This is a great opportunity to serve on the forefront of health care technology and methodology while addressing some of health care's most pressing and pertinent challenges as a member of a premiere virtual healthcare development and delivery organization. Candidates should have an affinity for learning and a growth mindset, a highly collaborative and enthusiastic disposition, be able to effectively develop, document, and communicate project plans, demonstrate expertise with evaluative and data analytic functions and related software tools, embrace and advocate for change, and deliver outputs on a tight time budget. This position will report to the Manager of the Department of Evaluation & Decision Sciences and receive support from other advanced professionals within the Department.
* Support the documentation and maintenance of the clinical workflow, supportive technologies, and data architecture of a primary and secondary virtual care service assignment and serve as the primary expert of these artifacts;
* Detail, submit, and communicate change process notifications / request and lead other stewardship functions as member of the Data & Analytic Governance team;
* Collaborate with other Department members and stakeholders to develop qualitative and quantitative measures and associated methodologies to assess workflow adherence, data quality, operational efficiency, and outcomes;
* Proactively monitor workflow process adherence, data quality, and operational benchmarks to drive the immediate resolution or escalation of issues;
* Analyze, identify, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to locate and define new process improvement opportunities;
* Collaborate with other Departmental members and stakeholders in the design, implementation, and evaluation of interventions to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and impact of virtual care services;
* Support the scaling of successful interventions within the virtual care service, as needed;
* Detail, submit, and communicate requirements documentation to data and analytic developers for reports, operational analytics, and other artifacts needed to support clinical and operation services and provide QA testing to ensure requirements are met;
* Consume or produce analytic insights to support emergent and ongoing clinical and operational intelligence needs of the assigned virtual care service and stakeholders;
* Support surveillance of clinical quality and patient safety measures and initiatives with Mercy Virtual and across stakeholder organizations and report findings on clinical quality and patient safety to committees and regulatory bodies;
* Mentor and develop more junior Clinical Analysts;
* Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with applicable laws concerning patient privacy and with Mercy's Mission, Values, and Charism; and,
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
* Graduation from an analytical or clinical degree program with a Bachelor's or higher degree;
* 3 or more years of experience in a similar role, or less experience plus certification in process improvement methodologies;
* Possess a working knowledge of health care, business intelligence and analytic functions, data quality and quality assurance practice, descriptive and inferential statistics, workflow design, and evaluation methodologies or process improvement in a complex context;
* Experience with EMRs (e.g., EPIC, Cerner, et cetera) and corresponding data storage technologies for transaction and reporting purposes;
* Experience with Analytic and Data Visualization tools, such as SAP Business Objects, Qlik, Tableau, Minitab, R, or SAS;
* Utilize analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding;
* Demonstrate experience presenting information (quantitative and qualitative) and data visualization to technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
* Previous experience in the supervision of multiple, concurrent projects;
* Proven, practical problem-solving and organizational skills, careful attention to detail, and the ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative fashion when needed; and,
* A team player and servant ethos.
Preferred Qualifications (required qualifications plus):
* Experience with Agile project management systems (e.g, Kanban and Scrum).
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a "top 100 places to work." We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.