Senior Communications Manager, Innovation 6/3/2020
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Senior Communications Manager will support and drive internal and external business communication programs for our global science and technology initiatives. This role will be responsible for messaging development, content curation and creation, program and event management and media relations, ensuring high-quality, consistent communication to our key stakeholders.
You will work cross functionally as this role will have both internal engagement and external communications; including partnerships with Corporate Communications, Business Partners, and the Integrated Communications and Engagement teams. Content coordination will require close partnership with many areas across the Life Science business including the Innovation Board, Strategy team, senior R&D leadership in Life Science as well as Innovation leaders across the business sectors.
* Drive Public Relations, Social Media and external owned content activities to maintain a strong external brand image and corporate reputation.
* Understand communications best practices and implement internal communications strategies that support the engagement of lab-based employees.
* Manage the editorial process for our innovation and technology stories, contributing to our integrated communications approach.
* Lead executive positioning efforts for Senior Leaders, including external visibility management, slide development, script and presentation preparation etc.
* Coordinate with internal and external partners to plan special events and projects.
* Create and maintain internal communication channels.
* Work with in-house design studio to execute projects as assigned.
Who you are:
* Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or English or equivalent
* 5 + years working in a Communications role
* Master's degree in Communications, Journalism, or English
* Very strong written and verbal communications skills
* Deliver well-prepared communications and encourage open feedback from others
* Multi-task oriented with strong organizational skills
* Ability to balance multiple responsibilities working independently, collaboratively, and as part of a team
* Experience working alongside senior leaders in a communications role
* Strong experience utilizing SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Excel
* Previous experience managing social channels
* Professional demeanor
* Video production experience a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.