Senior Consultant, Life Sciences Consulting Group (Location Flexible) 6/3/2020
Paul Hastings LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have an opening for a Senior Consultant, Life Sciences Consulting Group. The location for this position is flexible.
The Senior Consultant, Life Sciences Consulting Group is responsible for creating client-ready project deliverables and supporting client management and practice development activities. Senior Consultants interact regularly with clients and support day-to-day project delivery activities, and are key contributors to practice development and operations as they grow their understanding of the consulting business.
In this capacity, the Senior Consultant, Life Sciences Consulting Group will have a track record that demonstrates success at each of the following required activities:
* Develop strategies to solve complex challenges;
* Assist in the timely management and high-quality delivery of client projects;
* Keep up to date with local and national issues that impact our clients;
* Begin to build relationships with key client stakeholders in the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries;
* Support business development efforts and other efforts to expand the market presence of the consulting team and the broader Paul Hastings Life Sciences team;
* Support and learn about key aspects of the consulting group's practice development and other internal operations (including account planning, marketing, recruiting, training, and performance management); and
* Achieves firm based hours expectations.
In addition, the Senior Consultant, Life Sciences Consulting Group will be expected to have:
* Passion for being part of and helping to grow a new practice on a high-energy, highly collaborative team of driven, dedicated professionals;
* Foundational functional and industry knowledge associated with US and global regulatory agencies (e.g., HHS OIG, DOJ, FDA, etc.) and their respective guidelines, policies, standards, practices, requirements, and precedents (e.g., Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, HIPAA, Corporate Integrity Agreements, etc.);
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a strong grasp on the principles and execution of graphics-and-text-based communications/storytelling; and
* Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (especially PowerPoint and Visio/other process mapping methodologies and tools).
* Bachelor s Degree in Science, Biomedical Engineering, Healthcare, Business or related course of study, required; JD or other post-graduate degree preferred;
* 3+ years of experience working as a consultant at a consulting firm; and
* Must have previous consulting experience in one or more of the following areas as it pertains to life sciences compliance risk management: patient services compliance; commercial/medical/R&D/market access compliance; fair market value assessments; pricing & reimbursement.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.