Senior Data Analyst, Alexandria, VA, US ID#17877 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Data Analyst, Alexandria, VA, US ID#17877
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard-to-find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including medical, science, geospatial intelligence, engineering, construction, research and development, facilities management, information technology, program management and mission support. Wholly owned by Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokeenationbusinesses.com/federalSolutions
Our client's mission is to provide advocacy, program oversight, and policy for suicide prevention, intervention and postvention efforts to reduce suicidal behaviors in Service members, their families and DoD civilians. They achieve this by integrating a holistic approach, by using a range of medical and non-medical resources, and through a collaborative approach with the Military Services and other Governmental Agencies, Non-Governmental Agencies, non-profit organizations, and the community to reduce the risk for suicide. Through its Research & Program Evaluation and Data & Surveillance efforts, our client is focused on:
* Improving the timeliness and usefulness of surveillance systems relevant to suicide prevention and the ability to collect, analyze, and use this information for improving suicide prevention efforts;
* Promoting and supporting DoD research on suicide prevention;
* Evaluating the impact and effectiveness of DoD suicide prevention interventions and systems in order to synthesize and disseminate the findings.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Data Analyst to join our team in Alexandria, VA. The candidate will focus on providing high level expertise in applicable public health disciplines to collect, abstract, code, analyze, or interpret scientific data contained within information systems and databases related to public health for current work with the Department of Defense. The candidate will also be responsible for developing and applying analytic methodologies and principles, leading the application of analytic techniques, and helping to define project objectives and strategic direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
* Analyzes and reports on surveillance data and survey findings using advanced analytical tests and statistical software.
* Interprets results using a public health approach.
* Oversees database management to include managing large data files; and produce computerized reports; prepare written reports and proposals.
* Provides guidance and direction to Junior Data Analyst.
* Identifies and analyzes public health issues and their impact on public policies or epidemiological studies or surveys.
* Evaluate data collection, quality control, and data utilization methods used to study epidemiological problems and issues.
* Provide data management, reporting and analysis support to study investigators using SPSS, R, SAS, and other statistical packages and tools (such as Excel, Tableau, and Python)
* Manage/merge data from multiple sources, examine data for trends, and generate reports in various formats.
* Assist in obtaining, managing, and analyzing the monthly data
* Review project reports and findings. Review applications, data sets and models for anomalies to ensure accuracy.
* Interpret and display data in a clear and concise manner.
* Clean, organize, and synchronize complex flat and relational databases.
* Conduct in-depth analyses using traditional and advanced methods.
* Interpret the results of quantitative and qualitative analysis to improve the effectiveness of the programmatic and administrative operations.
* Update and disseminate the Weekly and Quarterly Suicide Report.
* Provide coordination for products and reports, to include creating and tracking packages and obtaining signatures.
* Clean data sets and analyze for trends in at risk groups using SPSS, Microsoft Excel, and other statistical software packages (both quantitative and qualitative).
* Merge disparate data sets to create one large operational data set for analysis of trends using data architecture and social science best practices.
* Assist with linking data sets.
* Conduct meetings with the Services to obtain and verify suicide event data.
* Calculate suicide rates, specifically for the U.S. military population.
* Conduct descriptive statistics, univariate and multivariate analyses, nonparametric models and statistics on an as needed basis.
* Provide data visualization in order to display data in the most understandable and appropriate manner as needed.
* Develop reports, read heads, briefs, manuscripts, white papers, info papers, action memos, presentations, publications, and packages. Disseminate findings by briefing leadership in a clear and concise way.
* Schedule meetings and teleconference calls, visit requests, parking, prepare meeting agendas, maintain meeting minutes, taskers and minutes repository
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Master's Degree required
* Minimum 7 years of experience in public health, statistics, or in a related area.
* Proven experience in SPSS, SAS, and/or R.
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Proven application of Microsoft office suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
* Familiarity with governmental agency policies, procedures, and culture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of public health and social science approaches.
* Experience in Suicidology or other behavioral health disciplines preferred.
* Experience in using CATMS to assign and track tasks.
* Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
* Strong client management skills.
* Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities
* Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize to meet deadlines.
These duties occur in an office setting.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* U.S. Citizenship.
* Presently or previously held a CAC or PIV preferred
* Must obtain/maintain a favorable FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and submit a National Agency Check and Law Credit (NACLAC II) vetting package for processing.
* Must maintain favorable FBI National Criminal History checks and ensure completion and successful adjudication of a NACLAC as required for Federal employment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, more than 3000 employees and nearly 1,000 federal projects for more than 60 government agencies in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 territories, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) team of companies are well positioned to deliver the expertise needed to solve the world's most pressing issues. Together, CNB's companies provide an array of services -- from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense -- for 12 of the 15 Cabinet departments.
Why consider Cherokee Nation Businesses? The following links can help you learn more about what we do and the many great reasons to join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action