Senior Data Analyst 8/21/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Department of OB/GYN at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) prides itself on delivering high-quality, innovative care to thousands of patients each year. The Senior Data Analyst will be an essential part of this effort, leading the department's efforts to deliver critical data to improve patient care, track quality metrics and performance, and improve health care delivery and operations. The selected candidate will work with a vibrant team of dedicated staff which cares for a diverse patient population.
Ideal candidates will have experience with the structure and design of complex queries and analyses, experience working in healthcare or a related field, and a desire to directly improve the care of patients through rigorous, data-driven analysis.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 35471BR
JOB SUMMARY: Manages multiple complex data projects simultaneously. Serves as primary point of contact for report requests for business unit. Leverages software applications to design solutions, performs detailed data mapping and analysis and reviews all data for accuracy and reasonableness prior to distribution. Produces business, research or clinical intelligence for key stakeholders.
* Manages one or more complex data projects. Utilizes hospital systems and database applications to update and analyze data. Prepares and distributes various reports to key stakeholders. Meets with departmental leadership to review reports or requests for data.
* Maintains integrity and quality of data and assures data conformity meets operational requirements and goals. Acts as a central resource and integral member of data collection team. Assists in planning, establishing and monitoring criteria for data collection. Trains department staff on data acquisition methods. Extracts data from multiple sources. Audits and resolves all issues.
* Ensures application access is in compliance with all regulatory and medical center practices. Acts as gatekeeper for
application. Sets and defines user access and determines level of access. Reports all security risks to the
* Collaborates with IS to obtain and maintain applications used for data collection and reporting. Recommends tools,
upgrades and alternatives. Assists in the development of application security and back-up plans. Coordinates
interface solution with multiple applications.
* Designs and develops reporting and analysis tools. Interprets data and refines analysis. Prepares and presents
comprehensive reports. Develops forms, tables and other data tools in the applications that capture, report and
consolidate data. Provides application data collection, analytics and reporting expertise. Completes analytics in a
timely and efficient manner.
* Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Allied Health, or other related..
* 5-8 years related work experience required.
* 3-5 years of multiple application maintenance with relational databases.
* Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
* Application Certification for one of the applications used in the department.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.