Senior Data Analyst (VSS Finance) 8/22/2020
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As a Senior Data Analyst for the Veterinary Software and Services (VSS) line of business you will work closely with IDEXX's rapidly growing software and technology business to streamline and aggregate reporting, analyze complex business problems, and communicate findings in a matrix environment. Using your expertise with modern analytical tools, you will be a key player in evolving the financial and sales reporting that helps to drive business decisions and inform leadership.
Location: This role can be based in Westbrook, ME or Eau Claire, WI. Although, for the time being our corporate staff is working from home.
What you can expect?
- Automating reporting tasks, adhoc analyses of key market trends, and tracking/reporting of complex marketing programs.
- You will also provide recommendations for improvement and written documentation that relates to the analysis of the data, develop in-depth knowledge of customer information systems, and provide training and support to users.
- In addition, you will perform a variety of financial planning, analysis, forecasting, budgeting, reporting, reconciliation and other related financial activities.
- You will partner with lines of business to provide financial consulting, advice and support.
- You will compile and analyze financial statements, information and reports.
- Develop revenue/expense and other financial analyses, reports and presentations.
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong/extensive knowledge of data management systems such as SAP, Oracle and Beacon, LIMS, etc. and data quality management
- Strong/advanced knowledge of data, databases, and their manipulation (SQL, Pivot Tables, etc); Excel, Business Objects and statistical software (JMP, Minitab, SAS) knowledge
- Expertise in one or more modern tools that allow for data gathering, transformation, and aggregation (R, Lavastorm, Python, or SAS) is a must.
- Solid understanding of good graphical display standards and various graphical techniques; Tableau strength helpful
- Ability to quickly learn and leverage various software tools and systems
- Ability to frame a complex diagnostic question appropriately, develop an analytical strategy, assemble the relevant data and results to clearly communicate a coherent set of conclusions.
- Demonstrated project management skills. Can lead own projects and manage or coach other s projects from concept to successful implementation.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to present information to all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate, coach, mentor and resolve conflict
- Strong leadership skills with experience influencing and motivating people at all levels.
- Ability to work with requestors to understand their true needs and to communicate complex analysis results to all levels of the organization.
- Results oriented Self Starter, ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines with limited supervision; strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail orientated with ability to follow-through
- Ability to work in a team environment across multiple functions and divisions
- Extensive Computer work
We re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at IDEXX contributes to enhancing the health and wellbeing of pets, people, and livestock. With over 9,000 global team members, customers in over 175 countries, and a fast-growing industry - we re always looking for motivated and inspiring people to join us. We offer competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits. You ll be part of a double-digit growth company in a quickly growing market and we are leading the way forward with innovative products, services, and a strong focus on our customers.