Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer at Vertica 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer at Vertica
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
The Vertica Ecosystem Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us take our Big Data Analytics Platform to the next level.
Our team is responsible for the components that enable deployment and operation of our distributed database: provisioning, installation, upgrade, orchestration, administration, configuration, and diagnostics.
Our users are data infrastructure engineers, devops engineers and DBA s; they use our tools to operate clusters of hundreds of nodes that process petabyte-sized data sets, in any cloud or in local data centers.
RELEVANT SKILLS FOR THIS POSITION:
WE NEED A SELF-DIRECTED SENIOR ENGINEER WHO IS CAPABLE OF SOLVING PROBLEMS IN DIVERSE AREAS, INCLUDING:
* Distributed systems
* Systems programing
* Operating system integration
THE RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS THE CANDIDATE SHOULD MEET ARE:
* Bachelor, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
* 3+ years of experience in software development
* Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering practices for sustainable development.
* Fluent in python programming on linux
* Experience using or building infrastructure-as-code tools such as docker, kubernetes, ansible, terraform
* Experience building or operating solutions on cloud platforms like AWS, GCP & Azure
* Bonus knowledge: some familiarity with C++, network architecture and protocols, RPM/DEB package managers
THE CANDIDATE S RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Design and implement features in the Vertica Analytics Platform to improve distributed database installation, upgrade, orchestration, administration, configuration, and diagnostics
* Influence the design of database clustering & fault tolerance features based on their interaction with the deployment mechanisms
* Provide technical leadership and support for junior members of the team by conducting thorough design and code reviews
* Define requirements for new features in collaboration with Product Managers, Support Engineers, and customers
* Diagnose, debug, and resolve product issues discovered during the development process and coming from customers
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
ABOUT OUR PRODUCT
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the world s most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
MICRO FOCUS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOUR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, CITIZENSHIP OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS