This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/7/2020
END DATE 7/27/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis description applies to the following Design positions: Design Trainee, Designer-Level 1, Designer-Level 2, Designer-Level 3; Senior Designer.
* These associates must read architectural prints to create roof and floor truss placement layouts conforming to current 84Components design practices
* Design of roof and floor trusses in engineering software ensuring designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to the current P&P
* Specify all necessary supplied hardware
* Maintain complete and updated Job Tracking Sheet
* Send approval letter to customers according to P&P procedures when necessary
* Provide sales and customer support when necessary
* Ensure office and plan are maintained in a neat and orderly fashion and all plans are logged properly
* Attend required meetings and participates in committees as requested by supervisor(s).
* Computer Skills: Word Processing System, Design Software, Internet Software, Database Software
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* General knowledge of construction industry. Knowledge of floor and roof truss design process
* Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
* Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfer through a building.
* Ability to operate a computer and current software used by company Knowledge of current local codes associated with truss design (i.e. TPI, UBC).
* Good written and oral communication skills are required.
* Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and construction personnel
* Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.