Senior Dev Ops Engineer 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR A FUN, SMALL DEVELOPMENT SHOP THAT SELLS SOFTWARE TO THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY, THEN WE ARE RIGHT FOR YOU. IF YOU WANT THE FEEL OF A SMALL COMPANY BUT WITH THE FUNDING SECURITY OF A LARGE CORPORATION, THEN WE MIGHT BE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. AND, IF YOU WOULD RATHER COMMUTE TO THE TECHNOLOGY CORRIDOR NORTHWEST OF BOSTON THAN INTO THE CITY, WE ARE CERTAINLY THE PLACE YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT. (WWW.COMPUTRITION.COM)
COMPUTRITION, INC WAS FOUNDED IN 1981 AND HAS PRIMARILY BEEN SELLING ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS TO THE FOOD AND NUTRITION DEPARTMENTS OF ACUTE CARE HOSPITALS. OUR SOFTWARE IS ALSO USED BY THE US MARINE CORP, MOST VETERAN S HOSPITALS, AS WELL AS OTHER PARTS OF THE DOD.
WORKING ON THE R & D TEAM AT COMPUTRITION IS FUN, FAST-PACED, AND ALWAYS INTERESTING.
WE ARE A SMALL DEVELOPMENT TEAM WHICH RUNS AGILE METHODOLOGY. We are introducing new applications using new technologies, while maintaining a flagship APPLICATION THAT IS INSTALLED IN OVER 1,000 HOSPITALS IN NORTH AMERICA. WITH THIS IN MIND, WE NEED someone who has been around the block.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD BE SOMEONE WHO CAN IMMEDIATELY IMPACT THE TEAM BY HELPING TO DRIVE OUR TRANSFORMATION TO A TRUE AUTOMATION-DRIVEN DEVOPS ORGANIZATION, WITH MATURE CI/CD PROCESSES AND LEADING ASPECTS OF OUR SUPPORT FOR CLOUD-BASED ARCHITECTURES.
* Helping to architect a modern, operable, secure and scalable infrastructure using Cloud technologies where appropriate
* Design, build, automate and integrate tooling to support our SDLC
* Identify opportunities for automation and implement solutions accordingly
* Assist with migrating existing application stack into Cloud-based deployment
* Documenting and coaching developers in Continuous Integration and build processes
Knowledge and Skills
* 5+ years of Windows experience with ability to demonstrate advanced-level expertise working with command line tools, performing system analysis and tuning, file system management, provisioning, and package management
* 2+ years of experience with AWS or Azure
* Experience using build automation tools (e.g. Azure DevOps)
* Experience building, automating, and/or maintaining software deployment pipelines
* Experience working with at least one of the following languages: Python, .NET, Ruby, and Java
* Virtualized hardware and infrastructure experience
* Web-related services and software (web/app servers like apache, nginx, nodejs, etc.)
* An understanding of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals
* Experience with at least one configuration management tool (ex: Ansible, Puppet, etc..)
* Understanding of CI and CD tools
* A working understanding of networking, DNS, load balancing and firewalls
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
* Linux/Unix experience (e.g.: Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS) a plus
* Exposure to deploying and managing a DockerContainer infrastructure a plus
* Someone who likes to laugh and easily gets along with others. (We like to have lots of release parties!)
* Ability to cook a main dish would help endear you during our pot-lucks
* Knowing how to throw a Frisbee will help when your team decides to toss one around while trying to solve a problem at the same time
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
* Demonstrated ability to solve problems; understand and code complex systems
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.