Senior Director, Accounting 6/18/2019
The RMR Group LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
SENIOR DIRECTOR, ACCOUNTING
The Senior Director, Accounting is responsible for the oversight of multiple functional groups within the RMR Accounting Department, including property accounting, lease administration and business operations finance and an Open-End Fund managed by The RMR Group Inc. This role is part of the leadership team within the RMR Accounting department. The position requires close coordination and collaboration with cross functional groups within accounting, including portfolio accounting, technical accounting and corporate accounting.
* Provide leadership, direction and strategic initiatives within the functional groups.
* Responsible for quality review procedures of the results coming out of the property accounting team, including the quarterly post close packages, bad debt review, property level debt compliance, etc.
* Help drive the direction and growth of the real estate fund, which was launched in September 2018.
* Work closely with internal and external (EY) auditors.
* Manage and develop the staff within the functional groups.
* Collaborate with other functional teams to drive communication and collaboration.
* Ability to be strategic and drive process improvements, both internally within accounting and with other business partners across RMR.
* Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (fair value accounting for the real estate fund).
* Perform ad-hoc financial analysis; oversee preparation of quarterly REIT presentations that are delivered to RMR and REIT leadership to support the earnings call process.
* Assist with research on technical accounting matters and drafting accounting treatment position papers to executive management.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in accounting, minimum 3.0 GPA, and a strong record of success in academic and work environment. Masters degree preferred.
* Public accounting experience and CPA preferred.
* In depth experience with management and technical accounting matters.
* Strong leadership attributes with the ability to manage, coach and provide executive presence.
* Experience with SEC reporting a plus.
* Demonstrated knowledge of technical U.S. GAAP accounting guidance with the ability to research and recommend appropriate treatments.
* Ability to apply new methodologies that satisfy systematic and scalable processes.
* Highly organized and able to handle multiple deliverables at one time.
* Thrives in changing/fluid environment and has the ability to be self-sufficient with the prioritization of tasks.
* Strong attention to detail, and ability to effectively communicate with business partners and management regarding accounting related matters.
* Ability to remain positive under pressure and to motivate team members with a focus on continual development.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Yardi General Ledger (preferred).
The RMR Group Inc. is a holding company and substantially all of its business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary, The RMR Group LLC. The RMR Group LLC is an alternative asset management company that primarily provides management services to publicly traded REITs and real estate related operating companies. As of June 30, 2019, The RMR Group LLC had approximately $30.6 billion of total assets under management, including more than 1,500 properties, and employed nearly 600 real estate professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the United States; the companies managed by The RMR Group LLC collectively had over 50,000 employees. The RMR Group Inc. is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. To learn more about The RMR Group, please visit www.rmrgroup.com.
The RMR Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you d like more information on your EEO rights under the law,http://s21.q4cdn.com/317921054/files/doc_downloads/careers/EEO-is-the-Law-Poster-English.pdf