Senior Electrical Engineer 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed s 1,400 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
Breethe Inc., a new acquisition of Abiomed Inc., is based in Baltimore Maryland and develops portable artificial lung devices (ECMO) that transform clinical practice and improves outcomes of those who suffer from acute and chronic lung problems. We are hiring for an exceptional Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team of world-renowned experts and product development engineers. Be a part of our innovation that will improve the lives of others.
Breethe is seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in the development of a portable artificial lung (ECMO). Responsibilities include electrical development for a device containing digital controls, sensors, batteries, user controls/displays, pneumatics, fluidics, pump drives and other electro-mechanical systems that manage blood flow and oxygen delivery. This individual must have experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team including contractor and vendor resources. Experience with formal engineering development processes in a regulated industry in compliance with industry standards is required. This role will have primary responsibility for parts of the electrical architecture.
* Apply electrical engineering expertise to develop system architectures and resolve complex issues in compliance with medical device standards including EMC.
* Execute the design of major electrical / electro-mechanical subsystems, including digital and analog circuit board design, and harness design.
* Develop system level requirements and design specifications for the electrical system. Author and maintain design specifications, product requirements, and Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FEMA) documents.
* Hold design reviews for modules and subsystems. Participate in design reviews of other team members. Thoroughly assess the ability of proposed designs to meet specified requirements, including manufacturability and serviceability.
* Interact closely with software, mechanical, and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
* Develop test protocols and perform verification analyses in support of Regulatory submissions
* Coordinate compliance testing with outside test facilities.
* Support operations with device expertise, troubleshooting, and failure analysis.
* New product development and design transfer to production.
* Developing engineering documentation, engineering test protocols, engineering laboratory procedures.
* Familiarity with electrical prototype development, testing, debugging and system integration.
* Experience with schematic capture, layout and PCBA manufacturing.
* Five to seven years of experience in product development in a regulated environment, preferably medical.
* BS or higher degree in electrical engineering.
* MS in electrical engineering desirable
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.