Senior Engineer, Digital Design 4/17/2019
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Senior Digital Engineer is a part of the Digital Engineering team within the Engineering Infrastructure Department. The engineer s primary responsibility is to support pSemi s Product Development teams by designing, verifying, characterizing, and testing digital interface circuits. This includes all aspects of development including standard cell library generation, behavioral Verilog simulation, design verification, fault coverage, and generation of test vectors for production, characterization, and life cycle.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
THIS POSITION HAS RESPONSIBILITY FOR:
* Verilog Design
* Design Verification and Building and Maintaining Design Verification Test Suites
* Test Vector Generation
* Standard Cell Library Development
* Evaluation Kit Test Vector Generation
* Digital Characterization Programs
* Digital Characterization Data Analysis
* Assisting in failure analysis
IN ORDER TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY, AN INDIVIDUAL SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
* Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
* Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information
* Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
* Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
* Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions: Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
* 3 years of experience in related field
* Demonstrated experience in synchronous design in Verilog
* Demonstrated design Verification techniques
* Experience in standard Cell Library development and characterization
* Demonstrated scripting and software skills to develop or enhance productivity tools
* Software programming ability in high level language; C, VisualBasic
* Ability to handle test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, DVMs.
* Familiarity with IC design techniques
* Ability to do lab work such as automating digital test equipment to characterize digital blocks
* Understanding of CMOS transistor level design
* Familiarity with serial interface standards such as SPI or I2C
* Familiarity with logic synthesis and auto-route tools
* Understanding of digital test vectors and their generation
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
* Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
* Master s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
pSemi Corporation supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. pSemi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver s license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including protected veterans under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. pSemi also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.