Senior Engineer 1/22/2020
Morton Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DETAILS
North America, USA, Illinois, Morton Grove
Research & Development
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies.
John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD ( 830m).
John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Under minimal direction of Director of Engineering; utilize the latest theoretical knowledge, methods, and computer modeling techniques to develop programs, train engineering personnel and analyze and/or provide solutions to sealing applications including the total sealing systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Develop, enhance, and verify advanced design analysis tools (computer programs) and analytical methodologies to create performance limits of products, new and existing.
* Determine the most appropriate study, survey, investigation and/or test to be performed to existing and new products in coordination with relevant technology manager(s) or field representative(s).
* Develop advanced new products or product ideas, by inventing new concepts and designs.
* Conduct analysis and testing of new product ideas and/or sealing problems on existing products.
* Develop computer programs, application tools, and documentation for use and training of appropriate technology/sales personnel.
* Keep abreast of new technology to obtain state-of-the-art technologies dealing with appropriate JCI products and upgrade analytical/application tools for appropriate technology/sales personnel.
* Assist other technology initiatives dealing with field support, existing product support, new product development and training.
* Publish significant research and development results in professional societies to enhance company s technological image.
* Perform other related duties as required to support technology initiatives.
PhD in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
15+ years experience in FEA
* Experience with ABAQUS and ANSYS required
* Ability to perform advanced calculations
* Experience with C++, FORTRAN and VB.net preferred
* Advanced knowledge of tribology or in the field of reducing the effects of friction on wearing parts is a plus.
Very Strong Math skills
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state