Senior Engineer 12/20/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Job Search
* Save Search
North America, USA, Connecticut, Southington
Smiths Medical is currently hiring an Senior Engineer in Southington, CT.
The Senior Engineer will drive the advancement of our innovative manufacturing technology for high speed fully automated assembly operations.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone s life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline. Duties & Responsibilities
* Performs engineering work requiring full competency in all conventional aspects of engineering. Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and the substantial adaption of standard engineering techniques, procedures and requirements. Plans and coordinates detailed phases of the engineering activities for part of a major project of a total project of moderate scope.
* Conducts engineering activities of advanced scope or degree of difficulty. This could include medium large components/system, processes associated with a medium or large project.
* Performs assignments independently with limited supervision as to expected results
* Performs assignments independently troubleshooting tasks as related to product problems.
* Oversees design testing.
* Prepares documentation associated with engineering activities.
* Coaches and develops entry level engineers.
* Conducts testing for assigned projects.
* Determines resolution of advanced/complex technical issues as needed and assures that technical work meets specified requirements.
* Contributes to corrective action development and alternatives.
* Understands and follows requirements of SOPs.
* This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
* Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
* Bachelor s degree in engineering preferably Mechanical Engineering or similar.
* 9-12 years experience or 5-8 years with an advanced degree.
* Applies extensive technical expertise in the engineering field and has full knowledge of other related disciplines (GPM, RAQA, Sales and Ops).
* Experience in Automation Controls Engineering or similar field preferred.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, inside and outside the unit.
* Ability to work with integrity and build trust.
* Advanced problem solving and analytical ability.
* Ability to critically review and interpret technical documentation.
* Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
Salary & Benefits
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and much more! About Us
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future. Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Apply Now Apply with LinkedIn
At Smiths Medical, we are passionate about improving and saving the lives of patients through high quality, innovative medical devices and services. We are a leading global manufacturer of specialty medical devices that provides innovative and lifesaving solutions for the world s healthcare markets.
Specializing in Infusion Therapy, Vascular Access, Vital Care, and Specialty Products & Services, our products are found in hospital, emergency, home and specialty care environments and are used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care and for supporting managing chronic illness.
Smiths Medical is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 855-754-5032 to request an accommodation. Additionally, Smiths Medical invites interested deaf and hard of hearing applicants to use Video Relay Service (VRS).