Senior Engineer, Test Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/4/2019
END DATE 3/14/2020
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONpSemi Corporation is a Murata company driving semiconductor integration. pSemi builds on Peregrine Semiconductor s 30-year legacy of technology advancements and strong IP portfolio but with a new mission to enhance Murata s world-class capabilities with high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF integration, pSemi s product portfolio now spans power management, connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning and RF frontends. These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices and healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the world, pSemi s team explores new ways to make electronics for the connected world smaller, thinner, faster and better.
The Senior Engineer, Test Engineering position requires solid understanding of RF principles and proven experience in developing test solutions for high volume production of RF Integrated Circuits. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of test development for new products, including: development of load boards, probe cards, software, and working through ATE qualification process to prove the solution is stable for production. This position works closely with Design Engineering, Product Engineering, Program Management, and Manufacturing to deliver the highest quality products. The assigned tasks will be diverse in nature which requires innovation, exceptional organization skills, and high attention to detail.
The assigned projects will be diverse in scope and will require this position to apply a wide range of past experience to complete the projects. This position will use data analysis to drive most decisions. This position will be expected to coordinate activities with other engineers working on the project. This position must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of commitment and be flexible to project needs. The position must be a team player and possess a sense of urgency to meet product requirements on schedule.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
* Design and develop necessary hardware and software to create a complete test solution
* Generation of detailed test strategies, plans and specifications
* Understand schematic design while working with vendors through the layout and fabrication process for load boards and probe cards
* Perform ATE qualification work in order to ensure successful production launch of test solution
* Measurement system analysis (GR&R)
* Transfer production test solution to off-shore test vendor when necessary
* Mentor junior engineering staff
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
* Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information
* Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
* Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
* Delivering High Quality of Work: Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
* 5 years related experience in test development (RF or mixed-signal)
* In-depth knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) principles and RF test solutions
* Expertise in test methodologies for Analog, Digital and RF circuits
* Proficient in multiple programming languages including C, C++
* Strong communication skills (Verbal and written)
* Demonstrated record of releasing high volume RF products into production environment including wafer sort and package test
* Test automation using rack and stack ATE
* Experience with National Instruments CVI, C++, C# and/or LabView
* Experience with Teradyne FLEX, LTX, Advantest ATE platforms
* Experience with statistical analysis in semiconductor test development such as Cp, CPK, and GR&R studies.
* Background with data analysis tools such as JMP, Datapower, Galaxy is a plus
* BSEE required; MS preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
pSemi Corporation supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. pSemi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver s license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including protected veterans under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. pSemi also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine Semiconductor name, Peregrine Semiconductor logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks and the pSemi name, pSemi logo, HaRP and DuNE are trademarks of pSemi Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. pSemi products are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents: http://patents.psemi.com