Senior Estimator 6/4/2020
CDC dbd North Wind Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Estimator
CompanyCDC dbd North Wind Group
Job TypeFull Time
Senior Estimator to work with Regional & Company Estimating Manager to complete estimate development. Conduct RFP reviews, scope development, subcontractor solicitation, quote comparisons, estimate development & closeout. Sr. Estimator must have experience with the design-build process and shall possess the knowledge required to assist the design coordination, VE development and constructability reviews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform takeoffs on a wide variety of features of work.
* Develop complete project estimates develop project specific resource libraries to be incorporated into the estimate.
* Work with Capture Managers and Subject Matter Experts to develop project staffing plans and indirect estimates.
* Work with Capture Managers and Subject Matter Experts to ensure bid strategy is in accordance with company mission and capabilities.
* Work with Capture Manager and Subject Matter Experts to develop Basis of Estimates (BOE) for a wide variety of work types.
* Manage a small estimate team consisting of Estimator I's and Estimator II's.
* Develop & maintain the document control process and be responsible for cataloging all bid documents, correspondence, assumptions and quotes.
* Work with Project Teams to ensure bidding strategy is practical, and also participate in project completion debriefs to incorporate best practices into future bidding strategies.
* Work with contracts department to maintain subcontractor database.
* Work with contracts to develop subcontractor solicitation process and lead that activity throughout the bidding process.
* Develop complete and comprehensive quote comparisons.
* Solicit and catalog material and equipment pricing.
* Participate in business development & networking activities.
* Track market conditions and incorporate that knowledge into the bidding and review process.
* Manage bidding scheduled to ensure milestones and deadlines are tracked and achieved
* Lead bid reviews with company management.
* Correspond with and manage Design Teams during design-build pursuits.
* Develop meeting agenda's and lead a variety of meetings pertaining to the estimating process.
* Travel to and attend meetings and site visits throughout the North Wind operational area.
* Work with schedulers to ensure accuracy of pre-bid schedules.
* Develop risk identification matrix's to identify mitigation measures and contingency development, both for Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build Pursuits.
Security Access Requirements: Applicant must be able to pass security clearance required to access government installations throughout CONUS and OCONUS. Applicants are required to have REAL ID Act compliant documentation at time of hire.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be sitting for long periods of time in an office environment. Sedentary physical workload; must be able to exert up to a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body; required to have a close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading; specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to, sitting, walking, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions. The employee is often required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The majority of the work is conducted indoors in a standard office environment. The employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor s Degree preferred. Other experience will be considered.
Experience: Four (4) to Fifteen (15) years of estimating experience.
Skills and Abilities:
* Experience with the design-build project delivery format is required.
* Experience with preparing estimates based on concept level bidding documents.
* Experience with developing comprehensive scopes of work based on concept level bidding documents.
* Experience in working with subcontractors to ensure that undefined costs are accurately captured.
* Some experience with estimate team management is required.
* Experience in working with Architects and Engineers during estimate development is required.
* Experience with Basis of Estimate (BOE) development and Level of Effort (LOE) estimating is preferred.
* Experience with both General Construction and Environmental Remediation work is preferred.
* Experience with Federal Government Contracting is required.
* Experience with reviewing project documents is required.
* Experience in developing complete project estimates and project resource libraries.
* Experience with subcontract solicitations and the quote comparison process.
* Excellent interpersonal skills; work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management, staff, and client.
* Experience with leading and directing a variety of meetings, both internal & external to North Wind.
* Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond effectively and sensitively to questions from client, managers, staff and the general public.
* High degree of sensitivity regarding confidential client and employee information.
* Ability to advocate and enforce Company policies, procedures and employee programs.
* Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and make decisions, exercise good judgment, work under pressure, work with minimal supervision and prioritize workload.
* Experience and skills with computer applications, MS Office Suit, with MS Excel Experience is required.
* Ability to obtain security clearance.
Bachelor s Degree preferred.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their