Senior Field Service Engineer - Team Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/6/2019
END DATE 11/19/2019
Scientific Research Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONScientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Designing, specifying, acquiring and deploying Systems for DoD and commercial customers
* Developing site documentation to include System Specifications, deployment and installation guides, operation and maintenance guides, Site Installation plans and acceptance test documents
* Configuring network equipment (switches/routers/firewalls)
* Configuring and operating VMware vSphere/ESX virtual environments
* Working with senior Engineering staff and technicians and may be responsible for Supporting the installation and testing of equipment in the field
* Support for training and deployment at various customer field site locations
* Using test equipment (spectrum analyzers, network testing units, base station test sets, etc.) and basic hand and power tools (cable tools, soldering irons, electric drills, etc.) to support installation in harsh outdoor environments
* Periodic travel to remote ranges and locations, primarily CONUS will be required
* Travel will be 2-4 times per year, for up to 2 weeks at a time, although most trips will be 1 week
* The position initially requires the eligibility to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance with a potential to upgrade to top secret
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
[*MON *CB *MONP]
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or related technical field and Five years of related work experience
* Experience with development of a subsystem from a top level requirement, documentation development, and familiarity with basic test equipment (spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, network analyzers, etc.) and troubleshooting
* Ability to conduct equipment and cable installations and system setup and operations in both indoor facilities and outdoor field locations is required
* Ability to configure network devices (switches, routers, firewalls), primarily Cisco and Juniper equipment
* Ability to work in Windows and Linux environments
* Must be able to work in confined spaces (e.g. 4x6x6 ft vehicle cabins and smaller equipment compartments) and climb ladders
* The position initially requires a Secret security clearance with a potential to upgrade to Top Secret/SCI
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Familiarity with cellular engineering concepts and networks
* General understanding of communication protocols and interfaces, including those interfaces in the Cellular Core and RAN (A, Abis, IuB, Gi, Gn, S1, S10, S5/8, SGi, etc), TDM interfaces such as ISUP and SS7, and SIGTRAN
* Core experience, including configuration, operation, and maintenance
* Familiarity with one or more cellular subsystems, including: MSCS, BSC, RNC, NodeB, eNodeB, BTS, SGSN, GGSN, HLR, and IMS is a plus
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY TO OBTAIN A DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled