Senior Financial Analyst 8/20/2020
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL INFORMATION
Ref #: 29041
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: Newport Beach
Date published: 19-Aug-2020
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the administration of all aspects of the Company s equity compensation plan.
The candidate must have the ability to handle confidential information in a discretionary fashion and must be able to handle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be a self-motivated, innovative and a solution minded individual with solid communication and problem solving skills. Attention to detail, accountability, and flexibility are essential.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions: (including the following, other duties may be assigned)
* Administer the Company s equity compensation program, including maintaining and updating stock plan databases (Shareworks and Hyperion),
* Track award grants, vesting, deferral elections and forfeiture activity, lead all aspects of internal auctions, tax payments and reporting.
* Calculate, prepare and communicate quarterly distributions to unit holders.
* Calculate and prepare compensation related accrual entries as part of monthly Accounting close process.
* Supervise and respond timely to inquiries in the Company s stock email inbox.
* Provide support and work closely with Finance, HR, Tax and Payroll departments.
* Coordinate with Executive Management, trustee of deferred trust, record keeper and third party vendors.
* Assist with documentation and maintenance of policies and procedures.
* Assist with internal and external audit requests
* Special projects, ad-hoc reporting, and analysis.
* Identify and implement opportunities for operational improvement.
* Minimum of five years of experience as a Financial Analyst or similar role.
* Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
* Strong dedication to accuracy and attention to detail to ensure quality work.
* Sophisticated PC skills, particularly experience working with complex Microsoft Excel workbooks.
* Experience using Hyperion Essbase Excel Add-in, Essbase Administration Services, Access and SAP or other multifaceted database, reporting and consolidation applications and ERP system is helpful.
* Ability to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality. Must be able to handle very confidential information in an expeditious and discretionary fashion.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to effectively problem solve and make decisions
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
* High quality written and verbal communication skills
* Experience and ability to work well under pressure and handle several tasks, challenges, and aggressive deadlines.
* Experience in responding effectively to inquiries from various levels of management.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Life insurance and travel coverage
* 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
* Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
* Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office