Senior Flavorist - Citrus 5/5/2020
International Flavors and Fragrances
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you ready to Design the future of Taste*
Come join the Re-Imagine Citrus team at IFF.
As a leading creator of flavor solutions for beverages, sweet goods, savory and dairy products around the world, IFF helps our customers deliver on the promise of delicious foods and beverages that consumer s love. Our people passionate, creative, and experts in their fields combine creativity, brand understanding and consumer insights with a strong foundation in R&D and innovation to bring our customers unique offerings that differentiate their products in the marketplace. Re-imagine Citrus is one of the five key innovation programs supporting the growth of our TASTE division. JOB DESCRIPTION
As Global Flavorist for the Re-Imagine Citrus Program, you will have the opportunity to create and contribute to the formulation and development for the Citrus category developing some of the most exciting projects in this important Flavor Category.
You will partner with the Innovation Program Director, demonstrating creative leadership to guide R&D ingredient development. It will be your responsibility to manage successful transitions of new technologies to flavorists on a global basis. Cross-category experience in flavor creation is crucial, most preferably gained in a commercial setting. You will have a good understanding of the dynamic marketplace, be proactive in nature, and have a passion for exploring new flavor and food materials.
Working in a team environment, IFF will be looking for you to drive innovation and creativity, hereby assisting our customers to enhance their existing product line and successfully launch new products in the marketplace. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to advance their career with one of the largest and most innovative flavor creation houses in the world.
* Support Citrus Innovation projects in cooperation with the Innovation Program Director.
* Screening of new internal from R&D and external flavor tools, citrus derived or not, for use on the citrus flavor portfolio.
* Development of demo-flavor collections demonstrating innovative values of the new tools, direct flavor, application and technology development for the Re-imagine Citrus program.
* Provide cross-functional leadership within global citrus ambassador team.
* Provide cross-functional leadership within global within global project teams, working closely together with project management office. Support citrus 4D process with all key stakeholders to ensure optimal delivery of new ingredients and technologies
* Utilize IFF technology to deliver unique solutions to the marketplace via Taste Design .
* Management of the citrus raw material collection, by active monitoring and managing the different Flags on the collection.
* Interact with broad range of stakeholders, including R&D, commercial flavorists, regulatory, operations, and external partners
* Anticipate, investigate and resolve problems with raw materials and finished goods as needed by technically partnering with vendors
* Support to operations on the manufacture of citrus flavors
* Interact with key citrus customers regionally and globally to understand requirements and build solid relationships
* Understand regional taste differences and preferences. Use this knowledge to guide new ingredient and technology delivery for citrus.
* Participate in development programs for both trainee & associate Flavorists, specific to citrus.
* Maintain safe work practices JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Four Year Degree/ (BS/BA in biological or chemical science preferred).
* Minimum of 10 years experience in flavor industry creative function (entry level through Flavorist).
* Completed qualifying Flavorist training Program and/or proven track record at equivalent level with competitor.
* Fluent in English. Additional languages highly desirable.
* Excellent communication, organization and computer skills.
* Extensive knowledge of citrus raw materials and flavor ingredients, flavor formulations, solvent and carrier systems, delivery systems, analytical methodologies and regulatory requirements
* Expert tasting skills and the ability to create and adjust flavor formulations that meet the taste requirements of customers and consumers
* Experience with flavor creation in multiple countries and/or regions
* Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers and present new capabilities
* Proven artistic ability. Presentation skills, project management skills
* Exploratory mindset, problem solving skills
* Drive for results, taking ownership and not afraid to go the extra mile
* Ability to work in a geographically distributed matrix organization
* At least 10 years Flavorist-I level experience.
* MS/PHD in biological or chemical sciences.
* Certified Member of the Flavor Chemist Society with proven track record
* Proven successful mentoring of flavorists from trainee level to flavorist.
* South Brunswick/NJ or Winterhaven/ Florida USA
* Up to 20% of the time
It is IFF's policy to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and to provide equal employment opportunity to Company employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital or civil union status, pregnancy, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, protected disability, genetic characteristics, HIV status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of the Company's employment practices, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, compensation and terminations.
Any employee requiring an accommodation of a protected disability should notify management or his or her Human Resources Representative.
Employees with questions or concerns about discrimination in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of his or her Human Resources Representative or any other member of management. Appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination may be taken against any employee who violates this policy.