Senior Highway Engineer/Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/31/2019
END DATE 8/30/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY: L.R. Kimball, a division of CDI Engineering Solutions
POSITION: SENIOR HIGHWAY ENGINEER/PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: Harrisburg, Pa (First Preference) or Philadelphia, Pa
START DATE: August/September 2019
SYNOPSIS/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
LR Kimball, a division of CDI Engineering Solutions, is seeking to hire a Senior Highway Engineer with ability to manage complex highway and bridge related projects for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission. Engineer shall be professionally registered in PA (or able to obtain reciprocity) and have 15 plus years of experience, designing and managing highway projects. Engineer will manage other engineers, designers and CADD staff as well as coordinate interdiscipline responsibilities (structures, environmental, surveys, geotechnical) to execute projects.
* Manage/Prepare calculations to support roadway designs
* Manage/Prepare the production of plans, technical specifications and cost estimates for roadway designs
* Manage/Prepare the production of technical reports, sketches and tables
* Provide the leadership and energy necessary to motivate project team and achieve goals
* Follow project delivery and quality control procedures and standards in compliance with client and division-specific guidelines on time and within budget
* Perform construction administration duties
* Prepare letters, reports, and other documents required for design submissions
* Perform field site views to support marketing efforts
* At all times, conduct business to maintain strong communication with client to exceed their expectations
* Look for opportunities throughout the project development process for marketing and client rapport building
* Experience with the design and management of design for Roadway and Bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects
* Outgoing personality with strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to present positive image of the L.R. Kimball brand and exemplify Kimball's core values
* Strong understanding of the PennDOT project development process
* Ability to review and understand potential projects and assist with writing winning Letters of Interest
* Strong leadership skills with ability to be a proactive team member driving performance of others
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering; Masters Degree is a plus
SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Experience with Microstation, Geopak, InRoad, Open Roads Technology, and Microsoft Office products are desired.
CDI Engineering Solutions is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer