Senior HR Specialist (PAR) PARSR002 9/2/2020
Golden Key Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a passion for excellence, Golden Key Group (GKG) helps clients solve their strategic, organizational, and operational challenges to better meet their mission demands. We have serviced more than 25 Federal departments and agencies and several large commercial companies since our inception in 2002.
Golden Key Group's talented professionals, combined with our strategic partners, bring a depth of commercial and government experience and expertise. We are relentless in delivering the highest levels of services to provide tangible value and create sustainable results for our clients.
Position: Senior HR Specialist (PAR) PARSR002 (PROPOSAL - NOT IMMEDIATE FILL)
The Senior HR Specialist applies advanced skills and experience in coding and processing a full range of Federal Personnel Actions necessary to appoint, separate, or make other personnel changes. This includes processing personnel actions related to the Federal Employees Lifecycle from acquisition to retirement. Must demonstrate a high level of knowledge of the personnel data rules and regulations in addition to technology.
* Supports the continuous improvement of PAR business processes
* Inputs data into appropriate HRIT systems, provides technical guidance and definitive information support to a large and varied client base that is geographically disbursed
* Assures that deadlines are met for submission of actions
* Uses automated human resources and payroll processing system to process Requests for Personnel actions (SF-52s) or equivalent forms
* Provides technical assistance to Human Resources Specialists and hiring managers in the areas of transactional processing requirements for a myriad of actions to include recruitment and placement, classification, pay, awards, etc.
* Applies Guide to Processing Personnel Actions, other OPM regulations, and agency policies and procedures for a myriad of actions to include accessions, separations, pay, awards, etc.
* Researches, analyzes, resolves, or escalates processing errors and/or problems
* Researches and codes regulatory authority code and legal authority, grade, step and pay, retirement system, veteran's preference, remarks, tenure group, etc.
* Validates service computation dates and recomputes them as necessary
* Ensures appropriate documents are on file and are legible
* 5+ years Federal HR Experience
* Working knowledge of Federal HR policies, rules and regulations, including GPPA
* Experience processing complex PARs
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong mentoring skills
* Attention to detail
* Experience with PeopleSoft HCM
* Shared services experience
* Experience with Federal HR systems such as HRConnect, NFC, and eOPF
* Experience in ticket management (e.g. ServiceNow, etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree desired
Place of Performance: Hyattsville, MD
In light of current COVID-19 (Corona) virus concerns, position may be eligible for teleworking per GKG telework policies and manager approval.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Golden Key Group (GKG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of GKG to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Golden Key Group (GKG) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By expressing your interest and submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Golden Key Group (GKG) to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should GKG or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents..