Senior Human Resource Generalist 6/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer's first choice for electrical Products and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Products and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.9 B. Electrical Products has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1.4B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $500M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 66 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 4,000 employees.
We are currently searching for a Senior Human Resource Generalist to be based out of Binghamton, NY. Reporting to Director of Human Resources - Conduit & Fittings, this person will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level in the following areas: recruiting, employee relations, benefits, training and development, onboarding, policy implementation and enforcement and employment law compliance. The role will also act as a liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Human Resources with a minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience working as an HR Generalist. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company is a plus.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure high levels of employee morale and satisfaction; handle employee relations issues; counsel and coach Managers on employee relations issues.
* Provide support including conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement plans.
* Ensure compliance with all HR-related laws; both federal and state
* Assist with the hiring of new employees, work with Managers to determine appropriate recruitment activities for open positions, initiate recruitment by advertising internally and externally, screen resumes, prescreen candidates via phone, interview in person, furnish offer letters
* Conduct exit interviews determine reasons behind separation. Develop recommendations and strategies to address areas of concern.
* Process new hire paperwork and coordinate new hire orientation; create and maintain personnel files
* Assist employees understand and access their benefits.
* Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
* Maintain human resource information system (Ultipro) records and compile reports from the database.
* Coordinate company training and development programs; conduct training as appropriate
* Coordinate employee appreciation, recognition, engagement, and volunteer events/programs
* Facilitate the annual performance review and merit processes and maintain updated job descriptions
* Serve as a member of the safety committee
* Support the management team: attend meetings, help carry out company initiatives, support the work of other departments, and provide input on company strategy, policies, and procedures
* Develop presentation materials and forms as requested.
* Develop and maintain affirmative action program; prepares EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
* All other assigned duties
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
* Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience as an HR Generalist or any similar combination of education and experience.
* Manufacturing experience preferred
* Experience with Ultipro is a plus
* PHR or SPHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
* Maintain confidentiality and professionalism
* Responsive nature with strong sense of urgency to handle matters quickly
* Detail orientated with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
* Interpersonal communications skills
* Ability to manage time and multiple tasks/priorities
* General knowledge of EEO, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA, Workers Compensation, DOL and other related Federal & State laws
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
* Ability to effectively problem solve; ability to understand and analyze data to make decisions
* All associates must embrace and foster and environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to Strive for breakthrough results, Stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully Supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently Live the Atkore mission, Learn our strategic priorities and Link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, a generous maternity/paternity leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants