Senior Manager, Information Security Operations, Blue Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/3/2020
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Manager, Information Security Operations, Blue Team
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That s why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who flourish solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Ideal candidate will implement and execute the corporate strategy for information security and technology resilience across the globe to ensure business objectives are met and risk is minimized and maintained within acceptable levels.
* Oversee and lead the security operations team in identification and response to cyber threat activities and incident response.
* Drive strategic and operational direction for Information Security Operations team and maintain responsibility for ensuring the maintenance, operations, and support of the security infrastructure including intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, VPN, RADIUS, DLP, PKI, Anti-Virus, EDR, E-mail security etc. And ensure security tools are optimized, fine-tuned and integrated into operational procedures.
* Manage, coach, develop, and lead the Security Operation Center team. Act as an escalation point for the team on operational issues and help to remove barriers that prevent security projects and efforts from moving forward.
* Responsible for the maintenance, operations, and support of information security systems for the enterprise.
* Collaborate with other operations teams to ensure successful implementation of security strategies and architectures to enterprise applications and infrastructure.
* Create, measure, analyze, and present reports to management representing current information security operations, and identify where opportunities for improvement exist.
* Produce regular reports that demonstrate, track, compare, and analyze corporate security solutions and the identification, investigation, and resolution of security events and incidents detected by those systems.
* 7+ years of experience in IT with at least 5 of those years of experience in a Cybersecurity operations role.
* 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role, providing direction to a team for leading people, employee career development, team building, and conflict resolution preferred.
* Extensive experience with handling outsourcing service providers and a global team.
* Extensive experience with multiple security platforms and layers, including anti-virus, firewalls, DLP, intrusion prevention systems, logging correlation and management, operating systems, protocols, and incident response.
* In depth Knowledge of security best practices, including least privilege, defense in depth, or attack surface analysis.
* In depth Knowledge of IT Infrastructure services, including security, Active Directory, identity management, PKI, VPN, RADIUS, SSO, federation services.
* Ability to effectively influence cross functional teams in the decision making process.
* Experience with design and architecture using modern design patterns in a Cloud environment.
* Experience with Cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and the security implications and requisite control frameworks.
* Experience with IoT and mobile device security. Knowledge of Mobile Device Management tools.
* Demonstrate excellent business judgment and clear understanding of the business impact of security risks and events/incidents.
* BA or BS degree in MIS, Computer Information Systems, CS, or an IT related field preferred.
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification.
* CISA, CIPP, CISM, PCI.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.