Senior Manager, IT Automation Engineer 5/6/2020
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients lives and being a great place to work, we hope you ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
tomation and continuous improvement of the Infrastructure platform and services. This role will be key in shifting how Jazzicians obtain, use and manage IT Infrastructure services as the organization continues to grow rapidly and moves towards Software Defined Services. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the platform, processes and code for making measurable improvements in IT operations.
* Help drive innovation within the engineering, operations, applications and security teams as the organization fully transitions to the cloud.
* Identify opportunities for automation and implement integrated processes that drive operational excellence.
* Partner with team members to develop end to end solutions through the integration of existing platforms including Service Now and AWS.
* Collaborate with other business units to understand how automation can improve workflow.
* Gather requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions.
* Develop software driven automation solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
* Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
* Deliver automated solutions for the deployment and management of infrastructure hosted within cloud and on premise environments.
* Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
* Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
* Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
* Uses state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment to streamline infrastructure operations activities.
* Lead integrations for cloud and on premise based systems.
* Manage demand and delivery through internal teams, suppliers and partners and create value based metrics and dashboards.
* Partner with counterparts to implement and operationalize controls necessary for ITIL, security, GxP, SOx and internal policies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
* 10 plus years of progressively increasing responsibility in IT with 5 plus years in IT Software development and 5 plus years within IT or relevant area.
* 5 plus years of work experience in Software engineering and programming.
* Experience with Agile software development methodologies including Scrum.
* Experience with programming languages e.g. Java, C#, Python, Ruby, Ansible
* Aptitude for learning new technologies.
* Experience integrating platforms e.g. Service Now with AWS Service catalog
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and time management skill.
* Experience with working on AWS and other Cloud platforms is a plus.
* Experience with the pharmaceutical industry is plus but not a requirement.
* Bachelor degree in computer science or related degree
DESCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Occasional mobility within an office environment
* Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
* Frequent computer use at workstation
* May move from one work location to another occasionally
Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business demands
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed