Senior Manager, Life Sciences Consulting Group (Location Flexible) 6/3/2020
Paul Hastings LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have an opening for a Senior Manager, Life Sciences Consulting Group. The location for this position is flexible.
The Senior Manager, Life Sciences Consulting Group will operate as a market strategist to guide Paul Hastings growing Life Sciences brand and capabilities. The Senior Manager will drive client growth and lead project opportunity development. This position will empower the team to deliver projects and other practice-related efforts in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
In this capacity, the Senior Manager, Life Sciences Consulting Group will have a track record that demonstrates success at each of the following required activities:
* Guide client projects and project teams to successful, high-quality service delivery;
* Oversee the activities of multiple project teams simultaneously and manage project financials for on-time, on-budget delivery;
* Build and maintain trusted service provider relationships with key client stakeholders in the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries;
* Support and help lead business development efforts and other efforts to expand the market presence of the consulting team and the broader Paul Hastings Life Sciences team including through publication of thought leadership in their areas of expertise;
* Contribute to and help lead key aspects of the consulting group's practice development and other internal operations (including account planning, marketing, recruiting, training, and performance management);
* Take an active role in the development and growth of our team of consultants at all experience levels; and
* Achieves firm based hours expectations.
In addition, the Senior Manager, Life Sciences Consulting Group will be expected to have:
* Passion for being part of and helping to grow a new practice on a high-energy, highly collaborative team of driven, dedicated professionals;
* Proven, thorough functional and industry knowledge associated with US and global regulatory agencies (e.g., HHS OIG, DOJ, FDA, etc.) and their respective guidelines, policies, standards, practices, requirements, and precedents (e.g., Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, HIPAA, Corporate Integrity Agreements, etc.);
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including PowerPoint and Visio/other process mapping methodologies and tools.
* Bachelor s Degree in Science, Biomedical Engineering, Healthcare, Business or related course of study, required; JD or other post-graduate degree preferred;
* 9+ years of experience working as a consultant at a consulting firm, including a strong track record of experience in an equivalent role;
* Demonstrated ability in successfully leading and mentoring consulting teams and practitioners; and
* Must have subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas as it pertains to life sciences compliance risk management: patient services compliance; commercial/medical/R&D/market access compliance; fair market value assessments; pricing & reimbursement.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.