Senior Manager Professional Services 9/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AT UL, WE KNOW WHY WE COME TO WORK. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
WHAT YOU LL LEARN & ACHIEVE:
The Sr. Manager of Professional Services provides leadership and oversight for the various professional services teams responsible for implementation and expansion of services across multiple software products, including costs estimates, timeline generation and ensuring projects meet the needs of the client organization. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring appropriate resources are allocated across the organization based on sales forecasting, product go to market and project demand while also addressing pricing and process improvement opportunities that help drive revenue and project profitability. The Sr. Manager of Professional Services is empowered to make tactical day-to-day and long-term strategic decisions and is accountable for all activities performed by the organization.
Professional services projects are typically related to the consultation, implementation, configuration and administration of the EHS teams Health, Safety and Learning technology solutions and the integration of these solutions with critical enterprise technology platforms within client organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to) the following: * Participates as member of the EHS senior leadership team.
* Accepts full revenue and budget responsibility for the Department.
* Ensures the Professional Services organization delivers projects on time, on budget and in a manner that generates both profitability and client success.
* Identifies and develops new Professional Services solutions, and the associated go to market plans, that address clients problems, support our business and market strategy and drive revenue and operating profit. These solutions must be developed in collaboration and coordination with the rest of the senior leadership team, Product Management and Learning Solutions.
* Ensures high client satisfaction on all Professional Service engagements
* Collaborates with the Sales Executives in developing new solutions or adapting productized solutions to specific client needs, and supporting proposal development.
* Partners with the sales team in sales efforts, throughout the whole lead lifecycle including presales meetings, proposals and Work Orders.
* Defines the pricing strategy for professional services and continuously reviews existing solutions, pricing and competition to maintain a competitive advantage.
* Continuously analyzes and improves of Professional Service solutions, policies, processes and procedures as well as the ongoing performance of team members in order to drive project profitability and client satisfaction.
* Identifies, develops and maintains a network of partners who can provide augmented staffing and services in support of client engagements.
* Contributes to market development efforts and activities, such as contributing to regional and industry strategy meetings and events.
* Create and foster a team environment, keep employee morale within the department at a high level.
* Provides coaching and mentorship to teams on client interactions and serves as a senior team member in managing and resolving client issues.
* Manages the career development and day to day management needs of team members.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GREAT FIT: * At least 10 years experience in managing the creation and delivery of technology-enabled solutions is required.
* Demonstrated proficiency for accurately managing revenue and delivery forecasting, project profitability targets and maximizing resource allocation
* Demonstrated proficiency in Project Management and leading a team that includes Project Management. PMP certification is preferred.
* Extensive business process optimization experience required. Lean Six Sigma certification strongly preferred.
* Life sciences regulatory compliance knowledge and/or OSHA knowledge is preferred
* Global experience is preferred
* Demonstrates strong empathy, collaboration, resilience and persistence skills
* Client-focused mentality to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs, with a sense of urgency and focus on client satisfaction.
* Ability to travel up to 25%, as required, by the Business.
* Experience contributing to a senior management team preferred. This assumes participation in strategic and business planning, product development/strategy, operations, sales, marketing, and overall business direction.
* Experience managing, motivating and developing high performing teams made of employees and a network of external consultants.
* Ability to develop and grow a start-up business with limited supervision and with distributed staff.
* Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships.
* Experienced in mentoring, coaching and supporting other members of the team.
* Fluent in English.
* Fluent in other languages highly beneficial (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, German, Hindi)
WHAT YOU LL EXPERIENCE WORKING AT UL: * Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
* People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you ll almost always hear, the people. Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
* Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
* Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
* Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.