Senior Marketing & Communication Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/13/2020
END DATE 3/27/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
At Houston Methodist, the NTW Senior Marketing and Communication Specialist is responsible for leading and managing numerous assigned service lines and projects to drive hospital and physician volumes and contribute to internal and external communications initiatives. This client-facing role maintains strong relationships with administration, managers, directors, and physicians and works with hospital marketing management to implement and drive marketing plans and tactics (as assigned).
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20 %
1. Collaborates with hospital leadership, departmental management and physicians to implement and develop initiatives that support the organization and achieve marketing goals.
2. Drives multiple marketing initiatives/events/projects/service lines to foster positive outcomes among hospital leaders and physicians. Builds, strengthens and maintains community partnerships to foster positive preference in the community.
3. Leads communication for marketing initiatives with individuals and groups in a manner that engages and helps them understand strategy and project goals. Works closely with these individuals to complete assigned projects on time.
SERVICE - 35 %
1. Develops and implements measurable, hospital- or physician-specific marketing initiatives, events, internal communications, and community relations that support the organizational strategy and drives local hospital/physician volumes. Develops and maintains monthly reports for hospital marketing performance.
2. Manages vendor relationships to accomplish marketing initiatives set forth by management and administration, including media, writers, designers, and printers. Organizes planning, implementation and follow-up for all special events/seminars.
3. Collaborates with corporate marketing on systemized initiatives or projects as assigned by management. Coordinates hospital and physician web page updates, and digital and social media advertising. Responsible for execution of community relations initiatives, advertising and internal communications.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20 %
1. Ensures brand integrity in communications and marketing collateral. Works closely with departments to create a consistent execution of hospital brand strategy and messaging. Contributes to building effective business cases under guidance of manager.
2. Collaborates with corporate marketing to ensure system marketing efforts coincide with local efforts for specific service lines.
3. Develops clear and concise communications, business cases/analysis, reports and presentations with compelling data for leadership.
FINANCE - 10 %
1. Accountable for assigned marketing budgets and performance objectives including events, social, digital, sponsorships, promotional items.
2. Ensures timely submission of invoices; tracks and adheres to budgets for assigned projects..
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 15 %
1. Proactively seeks opportunities to develop volumes for hospital and physicians and capitalizes on market opportunities to enhance existing business.
2. Proactively problem solves when challenges present themselves. Participates in hospital or system committees as needed.
3. Develops marketing opportunities as they relate to new trends or opportunities in social, digital, community relations, media, and internal communications.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Bachelor s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field required.
o 6 years of experience related to marketing and communications.
Strong writer and PR experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
o Ability to lead meetings, conversations and present with authority.
o Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities in an organized manger.
o Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software.
o Has sound judgment and decision-making ability, and displays analytical and critical thinking skills; independently resolves conflict and understands when to escalate issues.
o Proactively manages own professional development, including receiving, seeking out and acting on performance feedback.
o Demonstrated initiative in managing projects and communication with stakeholders.
o Effective and influential oral and written communication and presentation skills and ability to motivate others.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened in December 2000 to serve the comprehensive health care needs of the growing community in Northwest Houston. The 312 bed hospital has 17 operating rooms, and more than 1,900 employees. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has been named a Magnet recognized health care facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program and was ranked No. 8 in the Houston metro area and No. 19 in Texas by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital in 2016. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is Northwest Houston's regional leader in robotic minimally-invasive surgeries and specializes in cardiology and cardiovascular