Senior Mechanical Engineer 5/6/2020
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES) has an exciting future opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. Do you want to be part of a highly team oriented, progressive company? If so, apply today join our stellar team!
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Performs professional technical work complex in nature that requires in-depth knowledge and wide application of mechanical engineering principles, theories, concepts, practices and techniques used to meet allocated program/system requirements.
* Create and Develop Product Designs. Create, develop and sometimes lead mechanical designs, including complex RF and digital subsystems for the development of electronic equipment systems. Systems include control, power, RF electronics and low/high frequency antennas for military applications
* Perform Planning and Reporting. Formulate a design plan or work from technical objectives and overall schedules. Coordinate and disseminate the work of other engineers, designers, and support personnel as assigned. As Senior Mechanical Engineer, act as Cost Account Manager (CAM) on moderate size projects. Responsible for achievement of schedule, fiscal and performance objectives. Report project status and progress at regularly scheduled meetings and internal/customer design reviews as required.
* Perform Mechanical Analyses. Analyze mechanical components and subsystems using both simple and more advanced programs such as ANSYS. Performs kinematics, dynamic, heat transfer and/or vibration analyses on complex materials, structural components or functional systems. Perform trade studies and document results for presentation to senior program staff.
* Direct Fabrication and Test of Hardware. Develop mechanical test plans and direct the fabrication of prototypes when needed. Conduct mechanical testing of complex systems, generate design solutions and solve manufacturing problems. Coordinate product transition to manufacturing as required.
* Document the Product Development. Generate, review and approve written reports supporting the design, analyses, and test of the product design including drawings, engineering specifications, and other associated documentation. Prepare design review packages and present data to both internal and external customers.
* Implement Continuous Improvement. Implement the Mechanical Design Process in work plans, and adhere to the Cobham Quality System. Provide feedback to improve the process, and work to meet engineering objectives. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in the mechanical engineering disciplines. Ensure cost effectiveness and manufacturability of design.
* Perform Other Duties. Coordinate and direct the work efforts of other engineers and support personnel, if assigned. Assignments may include development of new techniques as a result of independent study, materials development and support of proposal efforts. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
Five (5) + years of Mechanical Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
Two (2) + years of experience in electronic packaging.
Five (5) + years of experience with finite element applications, ANSYS preferred.
Five (5) + years of proficient knowledge of Drawing, Dimensioning Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master s Degree .
Experience in electronics packaging and antenna design for military applications within AS9100 standards.
Proficient in using CREO CAD Software utilized in conceptual design and subsequent documentation generation. Solidworks, Autocad or Altium are a plus.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.